50.000 ISO problem with CL

Advertisement (gone after registration)

When I take 50.000 ISO picture with my CL in the dark, I saw pink line like a horizon below the photo.

With 11-23 TL and M mouth, problem is same.

Examples: (I added little bit brightness with Photoshop for evidence :)

66e5f8baaf07a69b5d4920ffa573b622.jpg

4ccadd78eb61767915618da7a7a7dd2f.jpg

Is it bug or technical problem on my camera?

Thanks

500px.com/eraydinc

Edited by eraydinc
  • Like 1

Are you serious ?????  :huh:

Who needs that combination of parameters to take photos ......  in the dark ......  no wonder there are issues wth the image ...... :unsure:

Highlight mine...

One can take the picture like this to test the limits of the equipment. No idea whether this was the intent here.

Who needs that combination of parameters to take photos ......  in the dark ......  no wonder there are issues wth the image ...... :unsure:

Quite, but it can show up an anomaly, which is useful

I agree.... why would anyone shoot that combo??

Use your camera under normal conditions.... and see if you have any issues.

Quite, but it can show up an anomaly, which is useful

We had a similar 'issue' with the M9 where if you took and processed images in an extreme manner the join between the two halves of the sensor became apparent. 

What was claimed to be a 'fault' was in fact 'product characteristic' and never visible in even moderately abnormal usage, let alone normal usage. 

This is of the 'Doctor .... why do I get a headache if I keep banging my head against a wall ?'  variety of question that various forums are plagued by. 

By all means send the camera to Leica ... I suspect they may replace something just to keep the customer happy ..... but I am doubtful that there is a genuine 'defect' here ......

FWIIW - I cannot replicate this with the settings of the OP, and I might add, that the second shot, although it may not be the most brilliant photograph ever, is something one might attempt.

• Like 1

FWIIW - I cannot replicate this with the settings of the OP, and I might add, that the second shot, although it may not be the most brilliant photograph ever, is something one might attempt.

F16 at ISO 50000?? You could take that same pic at F2.8 and have better sharpness and detail. Why would anyone need F16 for that?

Just an observation (haven't handled a CL yet) - something like this with a very high ISO (or long exposure) and a small aperture (very little light coming through the lens itself; could also include heavy ND filtering) might be a light leak. It has happened before with digital cameras.

https://www.imaging-resource.com/news/2014/03/19/sony-a7-light-leak-part-iii-only-one-leak-with-certain-lenses-under-specifi

http://davidduchemin.com/2013/01/long-exposure-light-leaks/

https://petapixel.com/2012/04/13/canon-confirms-light-leak-issue-in-the-5d-mark-iii/

Generally speaking, since digital camera sensors cannot "fog" in between exposures, as can film, light leaks through the camera body are not as troublesome. But if you have a slightly leaky body/viewing system, and then feed it a tiny amount of "picture" light through a small aperture, the leaking light may be - relatively - strong enough to record during the exposure. It could even be from the backlighting of the rear LCD - if that was "on" for viewing and composition at the moment of exposure.

Which is in itself a good reason for users and manufacturers to push the envelope to the extremes, even if they don't make sense for normal picture taking. Saves embarrassment. 

Of course it can also be from camera heat or anything else that triggers pixels to kick out electrons with enough energy to be recorded at the high signal amplification inherent in using a high ISO.

Vario-Elmar-R asph 21-35 According to Erwin Puts it surpasses fixed focal lengths.

I'll try that one out - thanks !!!

To be honest, the Sony 24-70mm f2.8 FE, the Leica 28-90mm SL, the Sigma 18-35mm f1.8, etc.

Its already been surpassed

Primes are just for light these days !!!

Edited by colonel

I'll try that one out - thanks !!!

To be honest, the Sony 24-70mm f2.8 FE, the Leica 28-90mm SL, the Sigma 18-35mm f1.8, etc.

Its already been surpassed

Primes are just for light these days !!!

No no... not enough. I need nocti-zoom from 11-400. Under 2lb (I am a reasonable man). :) Edited by jmahto
  • Like 1