Is a better EVF possible for the M10?

hteasley

The current EVF is definitely not state-of-the-art, but useful in some circumstances (e.g., close-up, very fast/wide lenses) and certainly better than the re-branded Olympus one offered for the M240.

I also doubt Leica will offer a better one for the M10, as they didn't do so for the M240.

I guess we'll have to wait  for the M11 to see an improvement in this area.

Now, if only they could also design it in such a way that it doesn't look like an afterthought once mounted on the camera...

• Like 2

I use the EVF only for particular shots and I use the OVF as main VF in my M10. I find the EVF very acceptable for what is intended do  not do...and I find it so good that I even thinking to buy a T/TL ...

robert

Don't insinuate the M10 isn't god's gift in any way otherwise the cult will shout you down from high telling you that you want too much!

But yea, the EVF isn't so good compared to any other EVF I've used in the last few years. I don't care much, as I only really shoot 35 and 50mm...but it should be better. It's lower on my personal list of improvements to be made, but it's hardly a selling point IMO. 

I looked through one one time and found that the resolution or maybe just the picture I saw through that EVF was quite poor. Did not buy then.

Neither did I, same experience. Besides that, an EVR is not the reason why I bought a Leica...

Don't insinuate the M10 isn't god's gift in any way otherwise the cult will shout you down from high telling you that you want too much!

But yea, the EVF isn't so good compared to any other EVF I've used in the last few years. I don't care much, as I only really shoot 35 and 50mm...but it should be better. It's lower on my personal list of improvements to be made, but it's hardly a selling point IMO.

I disagree, my M10 was produced in heaven and it is a God’s gift.

• Like 2

Selling a sluggish EVF with the best RF ever made. Leica did it twice already. All hope is not lost for the M11...

A contradiction in terms. If it’s the best rangefinder why do you need an EVF? Can’t make up your mind which one you want?

It’s there for me if I want to use it but I don’t constantly complain about its shortcomings. It works very well for what it is......an add on just in case. M is, after all, primarily a rangefinder, not an SL.

• Like 4

I am waiting for the 21mm SEM and don‘t know yet how I will use it as I did not order any accessory with it. In another thread somebody claimed that he/she was using that lens with no supporting item.

I don't use an VF with my 21mm... I can't be bothered :-)

I have an M9 so no EVF for me anyway. When I got the lens (secondhand) the seller wasn't selling his 21mm viewfinder and I never got round to buying one. That was about 9 years ago and now I'm used to having no framelines for that lens.

So yes, no EVF, no OFV.