55-135mm first impressions

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I decided to bite the bullet and buy a 55-135mm lens for my CL.  Having had a quick play with the lens before my next conference call, my first impressions are:

• very nicely put together - but then that's expected at this price!
  • It's compact for the focal length range and it handles very nicely on the CL.
  • Image quality, based on a few snaps taken during my lunch break, looks to be very good indeed.
  • I would have preferred a built in, sliding lens hood along the lines of the M 90mm Elmarit or 135mm Tele-Elmar-M, but the fact that it can be reversed on the lens does help to mitigate that minor flaw.

I'm looking forward to getting the opportunity to use it in anger.

I decided to bite the bullet and buy a 55-135mm lens for my CL.  Having had a quick play with the lens before my next conference call, my first impressions are:

• very nicely put together - but then that's expected at this price!
  • It's compact for the focal length range and it handles very nicely on the CL.
  • Image quality, based on a few snaps taken during my lunch break, looks to be very good indeed.
  • I would have preferred a built in, sliding lens hood along the lines of the M 90mm Elmarit or 135mm Tele-Elmar-M, but the fact that it can be reversed on the lens does help to mitigate that minor flaw.

I'm looking forward to getting the opportunity to use it in anger.

don't entirely agree with your fist point but you ain't see nothing yet on the third !!!

I just received the 55-135 and also bought a used M 135mm F4 Tele-Elmar lens, both of the attached pictures were taken at the same f stop, same shutter speed, same ISO and both at minimum focus distance. I am amazed with both lenses but particularly with the one that cost less than a quarter of the price of the other as it focused closer and in my view is a bit sharper. However I am so far really pleased with the quality of the 55-135. No post camera processing was done with either image.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Spent some time today with the 55-135, love it. Clarity and colour rendering are great

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 5