Hi to you all, from the Netherlands.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Fellow Leica users, owners and aficionado's.

In 2010 I sold my analog gear; 6x6, 4x5, Linhof technika and my M6 TTl with Cron 35 and 90 Elmarit.

Lack of time and not longer enjoying the darkroom work, in combination with the feeling having to compete with digital, I left everything behind me.

In 2015 I started to miss the companion of carrying a camera with me. I bought a Fuji X-T1 with a 23 prime lens. Nice images, good camera! Nothing wrong there.

But at one point I realised I missed the  the feel and communication with the object I experienced with the M6.

I left the Fuji more and more in the bag at home. When opportunities arise for taking the camera with me, always that conflict in my head. "Shall I take it or leave it at home"

Went to a Leica center and there it was! That feel, this rangefinder look. It felt so familiar.

Two weeks ago I could not longer resist that fierce yearning that started to influence my metabolism.

Bought an M10 with summilux 50. I am so happy with it. Went from 35 to 50 because the communication fits my character more ; maybe, getting older it shifted from modestly extravert to mildly introvert.

I hope to contribute once in a while.

Cheers!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome. Hope you still make prints.... the ‘lghtroom’ Is so much more convenient and flexible than the darkroom, and results can be similarly satisfying. I transitioned from film (using everything from M to large format) to all digital in 2009 and haven’t regretted the move.

Jeff