Recommend ZEISS 35mm f1.4 DISTAGON T* ZM?

B-A-C

The ZEISS Distagon 35mm f1.4 ZM is my all time favorite lens.

Yes it is big and it is heavy, but still okay. The image quality it delivers is just great.

All images here taken with this great lens and the M10....german text, but Images multilingual. ;)

https://www.qimago.de/los-angeles-in-35mm/

Nice, do you apply 6-bit coding in camera menu or shoot unloaded on your M camera.

I am pleased to read that someone else finds the chrome ring esthetically detracting.

Years ago, when I was shopping for an 85mm f/1.4 lens to use on my Nikon SLRs, I considered the Nikon and the Zeiss. The three factors that influenced me to bypass the Zeiss were the manual focus vs. auto focus, the price difference, and the chrome ring on the end of the lens.

Wait, what ?

The Zeiss 85mm f1.4 ZF.2 is cheaper than the AF-S 85mm f1.4 ? 1150€ vs 1500€ ?

How long is this Distagon, and how much does it weight? Some say 65mm, others say 70mm. 380g?

I found a Nikkor with adapter that is 69,8mm and 385g. Filter size is (of course) E52.

Is the Distagon about this size? If so, it is not that bad. Maybe more front heavy?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Mainly due to the distortion correction.

If you code the Zeiss as 35Lux the result is worse than without coding...

I code it (when I remember to) as 35 Summilux, not Asph. I have not noticed any change between coded/uncoded images yet, but I'll give a try to the cron 28 coding.

Zeiss recommends, not me :)

Summicron 28 (11604) or Elmarit 28 Asph (11606) it's their official advice for coding the 35 ZM Distagon.

I prefer the Summicron one because, at f/2, it's closer to the real lens maximum aperture (for Exif data, I mean)

Okay, thank you. Didn't know that.

Well as I use it with the M10 the exifs concerning the aperture is not important. But I changed it now to the 28 Cron.

Thank you once more!

To be honest the Distagon is in my opinion a almost perfect correted lens, so which ever coding one choose I don't think that it will ruin the images anyway.

• Like 1

totally agree mls1483.  Also n0 noticeable focus shift, hardly any flare and working well from portrait to infinity.

Same allrounder perfection as the Summilux 50 ASPH, C-Biogon 35 or the Elmarit-M 90: reliably producing excellent results beyond test results and data sheets ;)

• Like 1