Advertisement (gone after registration)

When shooting with my Leica SL, I often set my crop ratio to square for composition. I the past when I imported my DNG files into Photoshop CC I was able to work with the entire 6000 x 4000 file. And was under the impression that only the JPG was cropped to 1:1.

Yesterday while importing some DNG files into Camera Raw CC Version 10.2 the 1:1 cropping was applied to the DNG even though my file shows 6000 x 4000 px.

Has anyone got any advise on how to retrieve my full DNG file dimensions?

I have found some Adobe plugin for Lightroom CC online to retrieve the crop edges, but do not use Lightroom and prefer Camera Raw for processing my images.

Any help will be appreciated. 

The underlying raw engine for LR and ACR is identical, so there is no real objection to do the raw development of you image in LR and export to Photoshop, if desired through ACR.

BTW, you did not have "delete cropped pixels" checked in Photoshop by mistake, I suppose?

Hi Jaap,

Thanks for the reply, Jonathan Slack managed to answer my question. I merely need to use the crop tool to extend the frame to the full 6000 x 4000.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By nihilisation
      Hello everyone, 
      I just spotted some white particles on the far edge/periphery of one of the lens element of my summarit 75 2.5 .
      I bought this lens used two months ago and at the time I could not see anything. I cannot say 100% but I suspect those particles were not present.
      They are hard to perceived. I only spotted them while taking pictures of my first born this morning when I was about to fit the cap onto the lens and had a look at inside.
      The sun was very bright and I could perfectly see them, them were almost shining like crystals ??
      Pictures are not affected at all and I am only worried for the case of a fungus. I do not care about dust, but this is the first time I see something like this, hence me asking for your help/advises.
      Because they are on the far periphery of the lens element they are hard to picture. For the pictures below I had to flash the front element with a led light and it creates some ghosts/artefacts.
      For instance you can see that this "line" of particles appears twice, mirroring itself onto the next lens element. They only appear on one side of the lens and I also pictured the other "clean" side as a reference. 
      Pictures are not great but this is what I have for now. 
      I Thank you for input and wish you a pleasant week,
      Best,
      Fabien
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By snapshot1
      I’m using my SL with a 90mm lens and a studio strobe setup to photograph some still life’s.  As I need a f16 aperture I cannot see through the view finder as its so dark. Is there a setting for a bright view finder that will then stop down as the strobe is fired?  Cheers Stephen 
    • By leicand
      I owe to Leica the opportunity of this image. In fact, a couple of days ago, the Leica Store of Rome, Via dei Due Macelli, gave me a Leica S with a 30-90 lens, for me to have fun for an hour. It was about sunset. So, I climbed up the Spanish Steps, and also the stairs of the Church of "Trinità dei Monti". And then, I waited ... As I was pointing at the shadow of the balustrade of the stairs and of myself taking the photo, a couple climbing the stairs of the Church entered my viewfinder. It was easy, then, to seize the moment.
    • By Tom1234
      For Using Leica's Historical line of Manual Focus Leica-M Lenses
      are the Leica SL, SL2, AND Nikon Z6, Z7, Bodies Essentially Equivalents?  
      Same Ease Of Use?  
      Same Easy focusing?
      Ease of Carry?
    • By chris_tribble
      I never thought I'd be asking this question, but when I look back at the use I've been getting out of my kit over the last 6 months, it feels like one I need to address.
      I now have SL2 + 24-90 / 90-280 + Sigma 45 + Voigtlander 15 v3.  This feels like a remarkably competent system for the kind of work that I can do during the pandemic.  No theatre, no concerts, no international documentart commissions ☹️
      I also have to M10 bodies + Summicron 28 asph / 35 asph / Summilux 50 / Summarit 70 / Macro-Elmar 90 and Apo-Telyt 135.  
      If you'd asked me a year ago, I'd have said that if I only had one system, it would be the M.  A bit of me still feels that way.  I love the images, the size and weight, the discreetness.  But when I consider what I'm using, I find that the SL2 + 24-90 is the one that comes out in the wind and rain.  I love the range of focal lengths it offers, I love the IQ.  OK - I'm not happy with battery life, and I'd be happier with a couple of interface changes (especially Exposure Lock assignable to a button rather than only to the joystick), but these aren't deal breakers.
      Is a life without an M camera in it imaginable?  For the better part of 30 years, it wouldn't have been.  Now, I'm not so sure...
      Anyone else with these thoughts?  Has anyone converted completely? How does it feel?