Advertisement (gone after registration)

This image was taken just before my cardiac arrest in 2017. I am hoping to get back to this project as soon as I am allowed to drive again as I feel there is much more interesting work to do there.

Leica M9 + 24mm Elmarit f2.8 @ 1600iso. Shot as .dng and converted in LR Classic.

Gerry

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 5

Lovely.  I hope your recovery continues quickly and completely.  And listen to your cardiologist!

Thanks Stuart. Luckily i have been given a 100% clean bill of health by Cardiology, and by some miracle my heart is in fine form. Unfortunately a cardiac arrest means that (quite logically) you lose your driving licence for 6 months and I reapplied for it in December. I am still waiting for it to be reissued! don't you just love government departments?

Gerry

• Like 1

Exercise safely - consider talking to your cardiologist about an AICD if applicable - and enjoy life. Many more years of image making to you :)

I am luck enough to have had an AICD fitted back last April and, apart from a small hiccup in June, I have been fighting fit (heart-wise) ever since. The cause of my heart problem was long term dependence on anti-inflammatory tablets for arthritis which I have been taking for maybe 30 years. My cardiologist says they weaken the heart muscle which is why I had the cardiac arrest, and are now banned from my body 100%. However, the downside of this is that I now have arthritis quite badly which restricts my walking. If it ain't one thing it is another, but at least I am still alive to be able to  own about it!  :D  :D  :D

Gerry

It seems it is an interesting project. Best wishes for your health. I know myself that aging is not always easy, anyway it's always better than the alternative :-)

Listen to your cardiologist and...keep smiling  :)

robert, almost 70...

Edited by robert blu
  • Like 1