Purchase advice 50 APO

dkmoore

Advertisement (gone after registration)

UGHHHH, I ended up buying the 50 APO and the 28 Cron.  :  (

I suck.

That a boy!

You now have the cutest baby and the best kit ever. Buy what you think you should get and you'll buy several time. Buy what you really want and you buy once. 

My wife was barreeeelyyyyyy supportive of the 50 APO & 28 Cron purchase. I got the whole, "your just going to sell them or trade them whats the point?" Which by the way, is a totally reasonable question.

I must have married your wife's sister because this sounds like my wife..... :D

UGHHHH, I ended up buying the 50 APO and the 28 Cron. : (

I suck.

Good. As I wrote early on, GAS will likely rule, or nag after the fact. You avoided the nagging part. Better to know thyself... and be happy.

Now get to shooting!

Jeff

My wife completely understands my love of photography. In the end it costs less than golf. Her green fees make a 50mm APO Summicron look like small beer in comparison. Some people spend a fortune on cars, watches, jewellery, and designer clothes. I just buy an occasional lens. It isn't difficult to justify.

• Like 4

My wife completely understands my love of photography. In the end it costs less than golf. Her green fees make a 50mm APO Summicron look like small beer in comparison. Some people spend a fortune on cars, watches, jewellery, and designer clothes. I just buy an occasional lens. It isn't difficult to justify.

Good point. Maybe thats why I haven't been relocated to living in the shed yet.

I received the 50 APO today and the box is very large. I couldn't think of any reason for this other than maybe Leica gives a free Q with each APO purchase.

Sadly disappointed that it was just a little booklet explaining the different types of Leica filters.

I would hope someone buying this lens knows what a ND filter is.

• Like 1

I received the 50 APO today and the box is very large. I couldn't think of any reason for this other than maybe Leica gives a free Q with each APO purchase.

It is a rather large presentation box for such a small but heavy lens. The box simply resides on a shelf. Its not like you put it out on your coffee table for show.