LUF Book 2018 - "2022" Profit

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have been overwhelmed by the response from all the judges. So far, 59 people have scored the submissions for the book, which is fantastic.

I will close the sheet down tomorrow, so if anyone has yet to submit, please do so in the next 24 hours.

Many thanks!

• Like 3

Thanks again to everyone. Looks like 61 judges have sent in their scores. Fantastic response!

Over the next few days (maybe next weekend) I will send out the emails calling for the high res versions of the shots to go into the book.

There is likely to be just over 100, as the 100th shot falls into a score with several others, so all of them with that score will be included.

• Like 6

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Another update

Everyone should now have received their emails with the news about the photos in the book.

I am sorry that some people didn't get their shots in this year, but the standard was extremely high. Roughly 3/4 of those who submitted have at least one shot in the book and I have to say that a lot of the ones I personally voted for, didn't make iit!

I have set a deadline of 22nd April for the return of the high res versions to allow me to try to get the book together during May. Full resolution, best jpg setting, please.

Many thanks.

• Like 12

Thanks Phil.

I honestly can’t say how successful you have been, but I’ll send out the emails as necessary over the weekend.

I will email anyone who is unsuccessful too, of course.

Hi Andy,

i ˋve got no email!

Greetings

Uwe

edit: i found it in the spam ! Sorry

Edited by Uwe M.

Hello Andy,
thank you very much for your efforts connected with this project!

Happy easter to you and your loved ones.

Best regards

Uwe

P.S. and many thanks also to the judges :-)

Happy easter to everyone.

Edited by Uwe M.

Thanks for those people who have already sent through their final shots. Just to re-confirm,

I NEED THESE AS LARGE AS YOU HAVE THEM, PLEASE.

Full resolution as per the original file, whether scanned or digital, no jpg compression.

640 or 1200 pixels on the long edge is not sufficient for the book quality I'm afraid. 

I need images of around 3000+ pixels on the longest edge.

Thanks

What jpeg quality is recommended, Andy (or others)? Photoshop goes up to 12, but would 8 or so be OK?

(edit) Oh, OK I just read what you said above - best jpeg setting. I guess it pays to pay attention!

Edited by stray cat

• andybarton changed the title to LUF Book 2018 - "2022" Profit