andybarton

LUF Book 2018 - First Profit

As of 9pm this evening.

Six of them were the test books that I had to buy, the rest are the ones making the profit for the charity

Thanks Phil

I have just been interviewed by a new start-up company that is involved in medical research and they want to interview me over the weekend.

I will mention The Book when they do and share the link when they put me online.

I’ll be buying it but haven’t put m order in yet. Probably the large square one.

Andy, you really have done a grand job. Again.

Tomorrow night I might see how complicated it is to sell via Amazon or the iBook Store. Not something that we have done before, but it might just generate some additional sales.

The £640 raised so far will be on its way to JustGiving as soon as it is credited to the PayPal account.

I won't be selling the book on Amazon.

You have to sell the book at the same price on Blurb as the do on Amazon. The basic book price is the same, but Amazon then add their fee, so you have to adjust the profit down so that the Amazon fee comes out of the profit.

Which defeats the object of the whole exercise.

Wonderful Andy. Hope it sells more.

Have you mentioned it on any other place? Leica FB page or something like that for more exposure?

I will not support Facebook, so no, I haven’t.

I have been Tweeting about it, including Leica UK and Germany. Will do so again when the exhibition comes along.

I have allowed myself to mention it on my FB page and in various FB-Leica groups.

A Note on Leica User Forum on FB to this action would certainly be helpful and promotional.

Edited by Uwe M.

I have now ordered all three sizes of the book. The two smaller ones arrived before I put them on sale and the 12 inch square one is due to be delivered tomorrow.

Hopefully, this will mean that anyone else who has ordered soon after they were available, will have theirs this week too.