Continues in EVF mode

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Dear forum members, I’m the owner of the Leica CL for a few months now. Since a few days the display is doing strange.

I always had the display setting on EVF extended. When I looked through the EVF the EVF works, when I took away my eyes from the EVF I could use the screen again. Works fine.

SInce a few days: If I put on the CL I can use the screen, but as soon I looked once through the EVF it will not go back to the screen again. Than I have to turn off the CL and put it on again to use the screen. But as soon I look through the EVF it will not come back to the screen again. I can not understand it.

Behaviour by different display settings:

Lcd: it works fine only on the screen

Auto: after the start I can use the screen, one time look through the EVF it will not come back to the screen.

Evf extended: same behaviour as with auto

Evf: it works fine only on the EVF

I did a reset but that did not change a thing.

It drives me crazy, do I oversee something? Or is the CL broke?

Bernard de Graaf

www.bernarddefotograaf.nl

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk Pro

I had a similar issue several times. Usually cleaning up the eyepiece of the EVF solves the problem. Looks like it accumulates dust and/or moisture and this confuses the eye sensor to think your eye is next to it, thus turning off the lcd and turning on the evf...

Hope this helps.

Alain

• Like 2

I had a similar issue several times. Usually cleaning up the eyepiece of the EVF solves the problem. Looks like it accumulates dust and/or moisture and this confuses the eye sensor to think your eye is next to it, thus turning off the lcd and turning on the evf...

Hope this helps.

Alain

You make my day, this is the solution. Thanks

Bernard de Graaf

You make my day, this is the solution. Thanks

Bernard de Graaf

I had the same problem!  Although it is probably not directly related I also found that setting 'The Eye Sensor Sensitivity' to 'High' also causes more problems.

- Vikas

PMFJI, but I'm confused (wouldn't be the first time). :)

My understanding (after I reread the manual) is that with EVF-Extended the LCD WON'T come on (regardless of where your eye is) unless you're in the menus or reviewing (i.e. unless you press "MENU" or "PLAY"). Perhaps I misunderstood the OP's post (in which case I apologize) but am I interpreting things incorrectly? If so then what is the difference between "Auto" and "EVF-Extended"?

Thank you all.

[...] I always had the display setting on EVF extended. When I looked through the EVF the EVF works, when I took away my eyes from the EVF I could use the screen again. [...]

In "EVF extended" mode we can use the back screen only if we press the "PLAY", "FN" or "MENU" button or that of the right wheel if i'm not mistaken.