Tiny group of bubbles inside of Pre-Asph Summilux lens?

yourpalmarcus

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Why keep it when there are enough of these lenses around for sale, with no bubbles. For example here https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Leica-Summilux-M-35mm-f-1-4-Titanium-Pre-Asph-Excellent-M3-M6-M9-MP-M240-12504/232359108027?hash=item3619ae9dbb:g:7JEAAOSw44BYTYNy is a titanium finish one, from late in the production run (serial number 3570624). As a titanium finish lens, it will not only take better photos in difficult light, assuming no bubbles but hold its value better than the standard black lens. This was just one example of 5 x 35 Pre-ASPH Summiluxes for sale currently on Fleabay. The dealers will have more of them. 

Wilson

Why keep it when there are enough of these lenses around for sale, with no bubbles. For example here https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Leica-Summilux-M-35mm-f-1-4-Titanium-Pre-Asph-Excellent-M3-M6-M9-MP-M240-12504/232359108027?hash=item3619ae9dbb:g:7JEAAOSw44BYTYNy is a titanium finish one [...]

It does not have a locking tab. :(

Hi everyone, 

I recently purchased a type II Summilux 35mm and when I shine a light through the front I can see very clearly a large grouping of tiny bubbles and what looks like a streak of some kind  opposite of it inside the lens.  The coating on the front and rear are clean and the aperture blades are clean, and I can only see these when I tilt the lens in the light.  When I shine a light through the lens it is very apparent.

Can anyone explain what I'm seeing here?  Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I had similar spots on the inside of the rear element of my 24mm summilux. I bought this lens second-hand on FM forum and it was too late to return it when I noticed them. I sent the lens to DAG for cleaning and there are till some spots left after the cleaning. This is what DAG said: " there is still some tiny oil spots on the aspheric lens. Its best not to remove this lens since it needs to be recentered if removed,.." 

Edited by magosak