Did I over pay?

ShivaYash

Yes you did, I paid 250 for latest version NON ROM in min condition with all accessories. 

But in the end isn't the price irrelevant, it's still a lot cheaper than it would've been new. 

I thought 11217 was the Safari version of this lens (which I think was in a different colour) in which case I don't think you did overpay. ffordes have a ROM version for £550 (about €600.) So even if it is a standard non-ROM 11216 R-cam only version, €450 (about £400) doesn't seem unreasonable at current price levels.

• Like 1

No, I don't think it can be a 11217 Safari-green version: its serial number (3.633.xxx, mid-90s) is way too high for a Safari kit (late 70s, just under the 3 million mark...)

Perhaps you are right. This version I have is the one before the ROM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is hard to tell without putting the lens under inspection scrutiny, and comparing prices in the country in which you made the purchase. I agree with Pico...don't worry about it, it is a done deal in the past. Time to move forward.

Of course. I think you are right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best way to get a feel for prices is to search on ebay for sold items.

The Summicron 50 R later non ROM seems to be fetching an average of £300 depending on condition etc. The best buy recently was the person who got an R4 body with the lens for £311.

If you are buying from a dealer expect to pay a bit more of course.

• Like 2