M Monochrom mk1 LCD dots

colint544

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Wonder if anyone might be able to throw some light on something I've just noticed on the LCD screen of my mk1 M Monochrom?

Looks like a lot of dead pixels, but arranged in a sort of pattern. Never noticed it before. It seems to have appeared suddenly. I don't like it. Could it be similar to the 'coffee stain' issue with the M8?

Best wishes all,

Colin

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Hmmm - pattern is different today. Worse, I'd say.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Colin, maybe you should set the camera to a basic setting that you are familiar with so that if the screen does go, you will at least be able to use the camera? You can always format cards outside the camera if you need to. It might become a kind of "poor man's" Monochrom M-D. :)

• Like 1

I'm not liking it at all. How can it have moved since yesterday? If the screen goes, the camera is useless.

i set the cam to auto iso,

so I do not need the screen at all :mellow:

I know this is only a compromise solution for sure.

you may contact the cs! 

I hope they wlll be able to help you!

lambda.

Edited by Guest

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks, guys. Although I'm not big on chimping, I I think if the screen went, I'd need to just have it repaired. I alter the ISO a fair bit, and I like to know what the settings are.

I'm hoping it gets no worse than it is, the camera is certainly still perfectly useable with a few small blue marks on the screen. I just don't understand what's happening, why they appeared suddenly, why they're worse than yesterday, and why some of them have moved position.

Colin, here is a link that talks about bright spots on a LCD computer screen (for what it is worth; cut and paste if a simple click doesn't work):

https://superuser.com/questions/1108346/bright-spots-on-dell-e6410-screen

Your photos with your MM1 are really a pleasure to see!

Good luck!

Thank you very much, Chuck. 

That's very helpful. Possible pressure or damage to the screen. It could be. I usually carry that camera in a padded bag, but sometimes I just have it slung over my shoulder, and I don't have it in a half case or anything. It took a bad tumble three years ago onto concrete, which knocked the rangefinder out of whack. Leica re-aligned the rangefinder, serviced the camera, and replaced the sensor (all for free, I might add), but perhaps the damage is only now appearing. Or maybe it's taken a small bump more recently.

I do use a Canon EOS 1DX which leads a much harder life, and the screen on that (and all the DSLRs I had before that) has always been fine. But there's a first time for everything I suppose.

Thanks again,

Colin