generic batteries

Csacwp

No.

The cost of genuine batteries is very high, so owning more than two is prohibitive. If you are still at the planning stage for your African trip then you might consider an alternative such as the Q. Batteries readily available.

Or.....

Perhaps you should take the advice given in other threads and simplify your systems to match the environment and use film in a Leica body that doesn’t require batteries.

Edited by lucerne

You could buy 30 M10 battery's for the price of a Q?

Yes that’s true.

But, the problem the OP Has is that of recharging between pit stops. He needs to carry multiple batteries . Q batteries can be found for 1/10th of the price of the M varieties.

But his difficulties don’t end there. Reading between the lines and his other threads, he may also need to power other Leica bodies.

Edited by lucerne

You could buy 30 M10 battery's for the price of a Q?

Your point is very relevant but I fail to see it.

Each item may be in $ hundreds, but really it adds to a big sum if literally we buy that quantity.

Hmm ... I better relook at my way of spending on smallish items... Could save up potentially for my next Noct lens!

Thanks for the wake up call.

Ben

Singapore

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Your point is very relevant but I fail to see it.

Each item may be in $ hundreds, but really it adds to a big sum if literally we buy that quantity.

As with photography there is something in life called 'perspective'. You have a potential picture or an idea presented in front of you, but instead of simply taking it head on you use your intuition to adapt it to your requirements. There is an old story called 'Little Red Riding Hood' and she did the same. On being presented with three bowls of porridge she didn't think 'I'll eat all of them', she used her perspective to chose the best bowl of porridge. Unfortunately for her it didn't end well, but the lesson still stands, nobody has to buy 30 battery's, only an ideal amount between 1 and 30.

... There is an old story called 'Little Red Riding Hood' and she did the same. On being presented with three bowls of porridge she didn't think 'I'll eat all of them', she used her perspective to chose the best bowl of porridge. Unfortunately for her it didn't end well, ....

err .... Goldilocks, shurely.

Edited by marcg
  • Haha 1

.......... nobody has to buy 30 battery's, only an ideal amount between 1 and 30.

Now this is much more fun than discussing how many stupid pixels we need! Completely agree that each individual will have their own ideal number of batteries (mine is 2) but I would take issue with your limits of 1 and 30.

Why stop at a number which equals the cost of a Q divided by the cost of an M battery? Who knows when 31 or even 40 or 500 batteries may make sense; maybe in a parallel universe with no mains plugs but we should not discount the possibility.

Also at the other end of the scale I think you are forgetting the semi-mythical "Leica as jewellery" owner who presumably requires 0 batteries?

Oh and btw I had a bowl of porridge this morning and it was delicious, no bears (or wolves) in sight.

• Like 1

Shurely she sells shome sea-shells on the sea-shore.
Shome shells she sells are sea-shells, I'm shure.
For if she sells shome sea-shells on the sea-shore
Then shurely she sells sea-shore shells or else I am shurely sorely mishtaken.

Hic!

Edited by marcg
  • Like 1