Potential M10 Purchase

Edward77

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Several questions here. 

Does your insurance company know the camera has been recovered?

Why is the camera in Germany?

Did some unknowing person send it in for a repair only to find out it was a stolen camera?

Having worked for insurance companies for many years, we would get recovered items on a rare occurrence and usually they were in such poor shape that we could not sell them. We would invariably offer them to anyone working at the company for a fraction of what was paid out. This included cars, boats, jewelry items, electronics. If no one offered to buy them they were given to charity or just junked.

The M10's start up can be heavily affected (slowed down) by the SD card being used.  I switched to a fast SD card and my M10 has much faster startup and recording to card now and at least as fast as my M9P and M240 were.

Pete.

and then there's the led-frames I'm waiting for to pop up.

I don't want to be negative because the M10 is a very good M but I just didn't find it worth the money compared to the SL

Several questions here. 

Does your insurance company know the camera has been recovered?

Why is the camera in Germany?

Did some unknowing person send it in for a repair only to find out it was a stolen camera?

Having worked for insurance companies for many years, we would get recovered items on a rare occurrence and usually they were in such poor shape that we could not sell them. We would invariably offer them to anyone working at the company for a fraction of what was paid out. This included cars, boats, jewelry items, electronics. If no one offered to buy them they were given to charity or just junked.

Based on that insider information, The OP might be advised to offer the insurer a modest sum to get the camera. Take the initiative and you might gain the upper hand.

Good luck.

• Like 1

The M10's start up can be heavily affected (slowed down) by the SD card being used.  I switched to a fast SD card and my M10 has much faster startup and recording to card now and at least as fast as my M9P and M240 were.

Pete.

Which card are you currently using, Pete?

To the OP, this may not be an option for you, but I kept my M9 -- it is worth more to me than I would get for it on the second-hand market, and the CCD files, while having less latitude, are lovely -- probably the closest thing to a Kodachrome slide in the digital world. But with its high ISO capabilities, the M10 opens up a new world in terms of rangefinder photography

• Like 1