Kodak T-Max 3200

Stealth3kpl

Yep, it's also on Kodak Alaris's website here (you need to scroll down the page).

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

I see that it is stated as

While the nominal film speed of P3200 TMZ is ISO 800, the “P” means it’s designed to be push processed to EI 3200 or higher.

Don't recall being in a position where ISO 3200 was needed, but it will be interesting to see how the results from exposing at ISO 800 & ISO 1600 compare with pushing films such as Tri-X.  And of course, the price differential!

That's good news - it is my favorite high ISO film. I still have a few of the old P3200 left in my fridge which delivers outstanding quality with low grain for the speed. Can be nicely used at ISO 1600, 3200 and even 6400. I wonder if the remake of the original P3200 will use the same formula - just thinking on Tri-X which has seen several iterations over the years, and the current film has supposedly not too much in common with its original. 

A few examples which I shot last year with outdated P3200 - all taken with Leica M3, film developed in Xtol (1:2)

p2682659232-5.jpg

p2684162424-5.jpg

p2684162262-5.jpg

p2454095562-5.jpg

Edited by Martin B
  • Like 7

Is this just like Tmax 400 only one stop faster?

Or will the "3200" but inherently more pushable than the 400?

According to one of the posts above, it is 800 film designed to be pushed to 3200 ..... if it really is that good, who needs a digital sensor? :-)

• Like 2

According to one of the posts above, it is 800 film designed to be pushed to 3200 ..... if it really is that good, who needs a digital sensor? :-)

right, but the Delta 3200 is a native 1600 designed to be pushed a stop.  But many people generally just rate it at the native 1600.

I'm wondering whether people will end up rating the Tmax at 800 or 1600 in order to avoid a heavily contrasty result (such as many posted above).

Still a great thing (contrast is good!).  Just posing some thoughts.

Edited by A miller
  • Like 4

right, but the Delta 3200 is a native 1600 designed to be pushed a stop.  But many people generally just rate it at the native 1600.

I'm wondering whether people will end up rating the Tmax at 800 or 1600 in order to avoid a heavily contrasty result (such as many posted above).

Just have to buy a role and see .... some shots in daylight and some in the dark and see what happens

You can rate it at whatever speed you want for a different look. They've resurrected the developing-time tables of the old F-32 data sheet (and placed them in the new F-4001 data sheet on the Alaris Web site); there are developing times for a number of developers, at various EIs. I always thought it looked a bit flat at EI 800, and pushed Tri-X or TMX to that speed instead.

• Like 1

From their data-sheet:-

Because of the shape of the characteristic curve of the film, you will obtain better shadow detail and highlight separation when you expose it at EI 3200 or 6400 than you can obtain with 400-speed films pushed by 3 stops.

• Like 2