Exposure Compensation and Image Review bug in M10?

mp58

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've noticed when using exposure compensation with the M10, often when i review photograph I've just taken on the screen, the exposure compensation information reads back incorrectly. If set at zero compensation (doesn't matter if it's set via the menu or with the thumb wheel), the screen will show it correctly.  If I set the exposure compensation to -0.3 or -0.7 (or +0.3, etc.), it will occasionally read correctly when I review the image, but most often it shows up on the screen as -3.0. Is anyone else experiencing this oddness? I am using the latest firmware, fwiw. I have searched the forum for any notes on this, but if I have missed something from others about this issue, apologies in advance.

-kim

Yes yes yes !  Just discovered the problem on a new to me used M10, always shows -3, returned it to the dealer, got another with a newer serial number, and . . . has the same problem !  Thought I did the SETUP wrong and sent a message to Leica, and requested M10 owner comments on dpreview.  Lets hope for a software update !

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yes yes yes !  Just discovered the problem on a new to me used M10, always shows -3, returned it to the dealer, got another with a newer serial number, and . . . has the same problem !  Thought I did the SETUP wrong and sent a message to Leica, and requested M10 owner comments on dpreview.  Lets hope for a software update !

Welcome to the Forum. You did well to find a dealer with two used M10's in stock.

Got a response from Leica USA they are checking with Germany for when this issue will be addressed, and will post the answer here also.

Used/demo M10s are and were hard to find, just got lucky the dealer, Adorama NY, had a demo listed about a month after the first one arrived. We were both in the dark about the existing problem, did a quick exchange instead of trying to repair one. Not really sure who would do the actual repair on a used item thru their 180 day warranty and the purchased extended New Leaf warranty. Wouldn't want amyone but Leica US fixing a new M model but that is probably not an option. Hopefully the solution will be in a software update and not require a trip to Leica for a fix.

• 2 weeks later...