That 2 seconds timer...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi there,

Can someone tell me if the CL and TL2 can manage to keep the self timer to 2 seconds without being forced to reengage it manually after EACH shot ?

I am experiencing this behavior with the T and it seems there is no way I can lock the self timer for all the next shots...which is really really annoying.

I am doubtful about the usefulness of two seconds. It is too short to stabilise a tripod and I cannot run fast enough to get in the picture,

Yeah, I'm always suspicious about the 2s not being long enough to settle down, depending on the lens and tripod, and the thing I like even less about using the 2s delay is that I can't judge the right moment to take the picture from a "wind" perspective.  If I want to minimize leaves moving, for example, in a landscape shot, I might want to wait a few seconds or even a minute and then hit the shutter when a certain part of my subject really settles down.  That is much better accomplished with the iPhone acting as a remote release.  Yes, I'm one of those people who actually uses the iPhone for this.

• Like 1

I've liked the M series, with it's switch to C, or T, and a release for a cable release. It worked for everything i wanted to do on a tripod.

If you were taking 10 sec delay, could press "set" to cancel the timer, and start again. It's one of Leica innovations which i preferred over other cameras...plus you didn't have to refocus. ;)

Edited by david strachan