Processing lab in Los Angeles

mradey

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sorry to clutter the forum with this. I've tried "Googling" but the search results have been poor.

I will have one day in Los Angeles after a trip and I'd like to get some films developed (C41 mainly, perhaps some E6 and B&W). Can't find any professional labs online, just getting pages and pages of yelp reviews for 'photo mugs' etc.

So, I am after recommendations for a good lab that I can walk in, drop the films off, and comeback a couple or six hours later and collect the developed strips. Preferably downtown but happy to drive to e.g. Santa Monica, Hollywood etc.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

You might be hard pressed to find a lab that’s in the central LA area and can turn around the order so quickly. Richard Photo Lab is excellent but they recently moved up the Valencia area (but regardless, they need a few days per order).

You might be hard pressed to find a lab that’s in the central LA area and can turn around the order so quickly. Richard Photo Lab is excellent but they recently moved up the Valencia area (but regardless, they need a few days per order).

Hmmm. Perhaps my googling wasn't so bad after all.....

I guess I can wait until I'm back in London.

Thanks for the info.

I've used A&I (back in the day, they were one of the private labs that offered excellent Kodachrome processing) - see http://www.aandi.com/

I'd shoot them an email (or call) and find out what their turnaround time is for C-41/B&W processing; since they don't mention it, they may not do E-6. If you only have one day in LA, it might be better to wait to get home.

I find Samy's (several locations - I use the one on Fairfax) to be pretty fine, although I agree with jmr237, that Richard Lab is excellent. Samy's usually has a one day turnaround, sometimes same day, if you get the film to them by 11 AM.  Unless you're really anxious, I'd wait until you return to London and use a lab that's familiar to you.