1. mctuomey

mctuomey

• Similar Content

• By raadoo
      Playing around yesterday, I discovered this weird flare pattern when pointing at the sun. Images are at f/8 and f/5.6.
      Is this ... normal? I’ve never seen anything like it.
      Setup was:
      Leica CL M-Adapter-L Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Voigtlander 75mm f/1.5 No filters on any lens, either, so not sure what could be causing it.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By simonCL
      Hi all! 

Apologies in advance for the length of this post! 

I was wondering if you all are able to give me some advice or words of wisdom on whether I should get a Rangefinder Leica. 

At the moment I’m currently using and enjoying my Leica CL & 23mm f2 Summicron. Purchased in Oct 2018. I absolutely love shooting with the CL and for me it was the upgrade I was always wanting. I even adapt some rare and unique vintage m42 lenses to it and get some amazing results. 

Now I’m no professional photographer, just a hobby shooter but the Leica CL I have had really developed my love and passion for photography. At the time of purchasing the CL I was using a Nikon D7500 which I still have (but never use) so for me, at the time the CL was the next step up, and I never thought of going for a rangefinder (couldn’t afford the m10 and lenses anyway lol). 

But now having visited the Sydney Leica store on many occasions to try out the M10 and the rangefinder systems, I’ve grown more interest for a Rangefinder. 

I’m interested in the M240, maybe the M262. I like the appeal of a brassing body though (a bit of individualism I’d say). But honestly I’m not sure which system to go for (and I don’t have the money for a new M10). 

What are the PROS and CONS for each system? What makes you want to stay with that system? (if you have one) what would you recommend I do or go for? 

Now I’ve done heaps of research and reviews on both systems but I really want to hear from everyday people who use them. 

Thanks! 
    • By max.mlzr
      Hallo,
      ich bin gerade dabei mir für einen längeren Auslandsaufenthalt in Neuseeland eine Leica M zuzulegen, der Body wird wahrscheinlich eine M2 (ca. 500€) von Meiers Fotobörse, da ich mir die dort noch leisten kann (bin noch Schüler).
      Mir fehlt dann nur noch ein Objektiv, am Besten ein 50mm oder ein 35mm Objektiv. Auch hier ist mein Budget eher niedrig (~300€ +-), daher hatte ich an ein 7Artisans 35mm f/2 (nichts für Puristen), ein Voigtländer Color Skopar 35mm f/2,5 (ein bisschen über dem Budget), Summicron 40mm f/2 (passt gerade so mit den Framelines) oder sogar ein Jupiter 8 50mm f/2 mit Adapter gedacht (damit hatte ich schlechte Erfahrungen bisher).
      Welche Linse bietet sich da am Besten an? Habt ihr noch andere Vorschläge? Ich bin kein Purist, also ist mir die Marke egal.
      Ist es vielleicht sogar am Besten, wenn ich nur bei 40mm bleibe, mir eine Leica CL trotz der geringen Messucherbasis zuzulegen?
      Oder macht das überhaupt gar keinen Sinn hier bei einem solchen Budget zu investieren?

Danke für eure Hilfe!

P.S. Ich habe zwar bereits eine Fm2n, die will ich verkaufen, da mir die Ergonomie und der Stil einer Leica besser gefällt und diese kompakter ist? Ich hatte sogar schon an eine Pen FT gedacht, da sie vom Design her einer Leica ebenbürtig ist und ich die kreativen Möglichkeiten sowie die 72 Bilder pro Film sehr ansprechen finde, anderseits ist Halbformat eben sehr klein..
    • By Sjz
      Hi,
      I am in the fortunate position of travelling to South Africa (near Cape Town).  Photography is not the purpose of the trip but it would be ‘rude’ not to take a camera.
      I have a cl, which I am excited about.  It is a recent purchase with the kit 18mm lens.  It replaces my Fuji x100t which I really enjoyed but I wanted to be able to change lens’ and I preferred the cl to Fuji x-pro 3.
      i just like having a camera in my jacket pocket, hence the 18mm.  Physical, it makes the cl very similar to the X-100 series.
      Now for the questions:
      Is the 23 Summicron significantly better quality than the 18mm (I cant find the physical length lens so will pop into shop to see)? Is the APO-VARIO-ELMAR-TL 55-135MM considered to have a ‘good’ IQ? Should I be looking at other L-Mount lens?  I have a SL2 and the 35mm Summicron, the 24-90 and an underused Sigma 14-24, but I would rather travel with something more compact and in line with the cl. The photography I like is mainly landscape but of course, a bit of street and social photography too.
      Thank you for your help in advance.

• By simonCL
      Hi everyone! Nice to finally make the decision to join this community. 

I made the switch to Leica from Nikon last year when I purchased the CL with a 23mm Summicron f2. 

I absolutely love the camera and the setup for the type of photography I do. 

at the moment, my current setup is the CL with a f/1.4 Super Takuma 50mm (thorium glass model).