lx1713

3. mctuomey

mctuomey

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Marckyokay
      Hey all!
      So while being in the heat of the moment, me dumba*s, who never has anything but M-Lenses on his CL, wanted to change lenses and in a moment of brainlessness removed the M-to-L-Adapter with the lens and with a routined muscle-memory started mounting my M lens on the CL without the M-to-L-Adapter ... for a split second... immediately removed the lens again realizing the Adapter is missing...
      But the bayonet of the M Lens bumped the inside of the CL's mount slightly, and after inspection at home the bayonet seemed to have scraped the inside of the CL mount, this super matte anti reflective area around the sensor. Blew with the rocketblower to clean it, and then in a moment of indecisive nervousness I took a (what I deemed to be clean and soft) microfiber cloth and tried cleaning the scratched area to see if the scratch maybe is mostly just leftover dirt and not a real scratch. 
      Turned out yes. Not really a scratch, black coating is fine! But my cloth has polished the black matte paint and I'm left with a ... less matte black and more shiny coating at that area now...
      Yeah I know weird topic but I never ever had to deal with that area in all those years, most full frame camera don't have a large enough attack-area so that this coating might be damaged anyways, but this gorgeous CL has an APS-C in a Full Frame L Mount area, so the anti reflective black coating is rather a large area. 
      Does that matter? Could become problematic that it is now more shiny? Or doesn't matter at all as long as it is black and no silver shines through? 
      Y'all have a nice day
    • By Rob7P
      Hi,
      with the delayed CL2 anyone tought to buy a Panasonic S5? Lens are compatible and you get IBIS and even a full frame in a comparable compact package.. More Panasonic seems a "low brand" Leica because they share more than the lens: quality of photos should be high
    • By lecycliste
      I'm already using a 35/1.4 Summilux-TL ASPH on a Leica SL2, but I'd like a much lighter load around my neck. (As I write this, I'm still recovering from being too stiff to turn my head from side to side or tilt it back without neck and shoulder pain.) I'm considering purchasing a used Leica CL and used Vario-Elmarit-TL 55-135mm f/3.5-4.5. 
      - Does the CL track just human faces, or will it track animal faces too?

- Does the CL allow you to choose the initial AF point? 
      - How well does the CL track moving faces at f/4.5 - does it lose focus with a subject moving towards you erratically at 3 MPH? At 15 MPH?

- How long is the battery life (# of shots) using just the EVF (no LCD)?

- I know the camera lacks external ports of any kind. Is there an external power solution using a dummy battery with cable to a USB external battery?

Thanks.
    • By wda
      I am looking for an L-Bracket, with Arca Swiss compatibility, for use with my Leica CL camera. Occasionally it will be used with tele-zoom lenses, but mostly with smaller lenses.
      There are a few threads on this subject in the forum, dealing specifically with bigger cameras, but none that I could find relevant to the CL. Googling brings up a lot of brand-specific solutions; a few claim to be universal. I would welcome any reports from members of this forum, of user experience with such a device, and recommendations. Thank you.
    • By Peter G
      I have a Voigtlander 35mm 1.2 Mk III lens fitted on my CL with the M-L adaptor. I set the lens detection to auto, in the menu, but I'm not convinced it is recognised as the shutter speed set seems too low.
      The lens is not in the dropdown menu as those are all Leica lenses. 
      The photos look OK in Capture One, but I would like to check that I've picked the right settings for the camera to recognise the lens.
      Any ideas?