Leica M-A vs late M2

Csacwp

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Ignore Ken Rockwell.  In his opinion, if it is not a M3 then it is not worth owning.  His "real Leica photographers" is so much BS!  

And of course everyone here has their own opinions about just about everything so take our responses with a grain of salt.  If a technical question, then you will probably get great and accurate responses.  If it is an opinion, then not so much.  Not saying that opinions that I may not agree with are wrong or incorrect but not everyone sees a subject in the same light.

For instance, for me the best viewfinder Leica makes is the one found in the M2.  I really enjoy the simplicity of the single frame lines.  And since I do not use either 28 or 75 focal lengths, I prefer it to other M's.  If I had to do without an M2, then an M4 would be my second choice.  And if I want a meter, I think the M5 has a lot going for it.

Again, opinions vary which is one of the things which makes forums fun.

• Like 1

Oh, come on, I liked Ken Rockwell's levity in the M3 article.  "The Leica man" caricature contains a fair bit of truth for some Leica owners, even if it is a little light on facts about them.  The balance of his M3 article, and other articles about other Leica lenses I own, seem to match my own experience.

Scott

• Like 1