Leica R f/2 50mm summicron E55

ShivaYash

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello,

So I am new to the R series, after being a M shooter for around 15 years. I like the education bit.. but the cam thing is quite odd. What I love about the M-system is that any M lens, within reason, fits onto any M body (film or digital).

So I think I have narrowed down my choice, as the R system I buy into one be a single lens kit. So its going to be the 50, it was between this and the 35. I think the Summicron is my top choice. Will the German made E55 version work on the R6.2, without messing around with cams? 

Also, any user experiences of this lens? I am sure its good. I have the M equivalent and I like it, more on film I must say, than digital. On digital I prefer the 2.8 and 1.4. 

Many thanks,

Dr SY

Berlin

Excellent choice.

Summicron-R 2/50 II has the same optical cell as the present 50mm Summicron-M (version IV or V).

The main difference is R focus to 50cm and 6 blade aperture (70cm and 8 blades on M).

No worry to use with R6-2 if it's the version II : https://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-wiki.en/index.php/50mm_f/2_Summicron-R_II

Mine "Made in Canada", I use it for some decades with pleasure on SL/R4/R5/R-E/R6.

R bodies changed but this nice Summicron-R 50mm stays in use.

I used on Leicaflex SL "stop down" because it's so-called and marked as "R only" (camed for use on Leica R not camed for Leicaflex).

• Like 1

Ended up paying £400 for a late serial German made 50f/2 in good condition. Perhaps I overpaid a touch, but prices seem to be rising owning to R lens being used on digital bodies. I realise this statement maybe trite!

But I’m happy. A bit more expensive than planned but a sweet R camera and lens for less than a £1000. I think R6.2 prices have always been strong. I don’t think I’ll lose if I sell in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk