Third Party Batteries

bobmcg

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 10/26/2019 at 10:52 AM, Leica Guy said:

Only the Q. The Q2 battery is much larger and a different design. I like the Nitecore chargers. Small and they work very reliably off a USB connection. Handy. They’re made for the Q and the Q2. 

Thank you. I bought a nitecore charger. I'm still getting used to $250 for a battery though. I wish there was another option.

44 minutes ago, CherylA said:

Thank you. I bought a nitecore charger. I'm still getting used to $250 for a battery though. I wish there was another option.

The cost of the battery is definitely a negative, but my experience is just do it and don’t look back. An extra battery is such a nice stress reliever that it’s totally worth it for me.  It’s a small percentage of the total cost of the camera and it’s actually a big improvement over the Q where I had three batteries. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Leica Guy said:

The cost of the battery is definitely a negative, but my experience is just do it and don’t look back. An extra battery is such a nice stress reliever that it’s totally worth it for me.  It’s a small percentage of the total cost of the camera and it’s actually a big improvement over the Q where I had three batteries. 

I ordered one a few days ago and look forward to getting it. They're not easy to find at this point. Amazon found it at the Leica store in San Francisco. This Q2 is my first Leica and I am already hooked!

5 hours ago, CherylA said:

I ordered one a few days ago and look forward to getting it. They're not easy to find at this point. Amazon found it at the Leica store in San Francisco. This Q2 is my first Leica and I am already hooked!

Good for you. Yes, they’ve been in short supply but that seems to be easing a bit. The Q was my first Leica and now I have a Q2. Very very happy while knowing nothing is perfect. Not my Porsche, or my iPhone or my Q2. Except my wife. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/28/2019 at 6:32 PM, Leica Guy said:

Good for you. Yes, they’ve been in short supply but that seems to be easing a bit. The Q was my first Leica and now I have a Q2. Very very happy while knowing nothing is perfect. Not my Porsche, or my iPhone or my Q2. Except my wife. 🤣

Thanks! The Q2 is my first Leica and I think I’m

hooked. I’m already dreaming about my next one. We have a 2000 Carrera convertible and love it. My husband is perfect. He tells me so all the time😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 year later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 2/15/2021 at 9:38 PM, Jaymz said:

I am looking for a spare battery for my Q2. Is there a third party battery or do I have to pay the outrageous price for the Leica battery? Also looking for a more portable charger? Anything out there?

I have not seen a third party battery.  I have two Leica batteries that I alternate and except when it gets really cold, they get me through the day.  I keep a Nitcore USB charger in my bag.  May not give the full charge to the Leica batteries but it is very portable, and just needs a USB source.  For traveling it is often the only charger that comes with me.

Nitecore ULSL USB Travel Charger for Leica BP-SCL4 Batteries

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My 3 year old BP-SLC4 would no longer hold  charge.  I opened the case out of sheer curiosity. 

There is a small circuit board and two Panasonic NCR 18500 Li-ion batteries. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3