New Leica SL Firmware V 3.1 released

LUF Admin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

If Donzo98's "good" was purely an assertion about speed of AF then I'd agree but there was no mention of AF in his post so it sounded to me to be about image quality from a fast prime versus a zoom.

Pete.

You are 100% correct. I was speaking only about AF speed. If you look at the post right above mine, you can see I was responding Dan’s question about AF speed of the 50 SL compared to the new 75.

• Like 4

we will see if it still can't count past 999

Same as before, skipping the 000... In my case it went from L1220999.DNG to L1230001.DNG...  Still better than the CL though...

Maybe I was missing something obvious in the 3.0 as I found in 3.1 a new lense profile for the 50mm M APO. I don't recall that being there with the correct model number... Did anyone else see that?

Definitely not new in v3.1 ... My SL is still on v3 and there's an M-lens APO-50 f/2 in the list. 

• Like 2

Please excuse the bad photo but I had to use my iphone but here is what your card should look like with the update file in the "root" directory. This is on a Mac.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Bill W

Ahhhhhh ok I get it now

Thankyou Bill W you are a gentleman and a scholar !

Glad I could help. I agree it is a little confusing at first. It was for me the first time I did an update on my M8 years ago. It should ask you if you want to save your personal settings and these will be saved in the root directory as you update. They seem to be updated as well during the process.