Buying/developing film in Africa

Csacwp

As long as the post is reliable (not always the case in Africa, for sure), then online purchase may be best whilst there. You could also buy bulk film and 'roll your own', a few bulk rolls in the hand luggage could last a long time and you could restock if you take the occasional trip. Look into 'tropical' developers (or just use a cooled water bath) if hand developing B&W, of course, C-41 no issue...

There is a reasonable chance I am going to have to relocate to Tanzania or Cameroon, and I’m curious about film sales in such places. Is it worth continuing to shoot film, or should I switch entirely to digital?

I've been to Cameroon (I used to live next door in Equatorial Guinea). Generally courier services work very well. I doubt if you will find local supplies in any sustainable, or processing services, so may need to import chemicals, too.

Lean on expat mates to bring back photo goodies when they go home on break, too.

Don't miss the opportunity to shoot film, though, even if you have to wait to go out on leave to resupply.