The Leica Forum uses cookies. Read the privacy statement for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    OK, understood.

Photo
- - - - -

Magnum - Leica

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 spikemozeley

spikemozeley

Neuer Benutzer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 20:17

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)
Noticed that Magnum photos have done some big endorsements with Fuji recently. Anyone know if anyone from Magnum still shooting Leica?

#2 Denys

Denys

Neuer Benutzer

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 22:38

Haven’t noticed that - but probably I’m not paying sufficient attention! I’ve seen a few times (YouTube) a fly on the wall documentary about Elliott Erwitt taking photographs in Scotland on behalf of the Macallen whisky company. It’s interesting - well worth a watch! Not only does Elliott get the opportunity to explain how Leica has always been his camera of choice, as he loads a fresh roll of film into his “M7-P” (!) (if one looks closely, one sees a Canon SLR used too, sshhhh), the whisky company director also makes a point about Elliott using “Leica cameras”. I may be wrong, but wasn’t HCB always one to believe profit is THE most important thing.. ..he would be SO proud if he could see Magnum inc’s balance sheets these days..

#3 willeica

willeica

Collector and User

• Premium Member
  • 1,410 posts
  • City / Ort:Dublin, Ireland

Posted 14 February 2018 - 23:48

Haven’t noticed that - but probably I’m not paying sufficient attention! I’ve seen a few times (YouTube) a fly on the wall documentary about Elliott Erwitt taking photographs in Scotland on behalf of the Macallen whisky company. It’s interesting - well worth a watch! Not only does Elliott get the opportunity to explain how Leica has always been his camera of choice, as he loads a fresh roll of film into his “M7-P” (!) (if one looks closely, one sees a Canon SLR used too, sshhhh), the whisky company director also makes a point about Elliott using “Leica cameras”. I may be wrong, but wasn’t HCB always one to believe profit is THE most important thing.. ..he would be SO proud if he could see Magnum inc’s balance sheets these days..

I met Elliott Erwitt in Wetzlar some years ago. When I told him where I came from, he told me proudly that he had done some advertising photography for Aer Lingus.

William

0 user(s) are reading this topic