M9 back after repair

gwpics

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I guess the point I was trying to make is that clean, low-use black M9s (my target) are doing well regardless of whether the sensor is replaced or not, and there aren't as many for sale at any given moment as I would've guessed. However, I've only been watching the M9 market for a couple months and don't how they've being doing overall since the release of the M10. I'm just happy I finally got a digital M :)

Shouldn't an M9 with a replaced sensor be priced higher than an M9 with an original ("prone to get damaged" sensor?

It should but there are poorly informed buyers who unscrupulous sellers will seek to find. There are also many M9s on offer with "replaced" or "new" sensor where that was the original sensor design used as a replacement by Leica. An actual date is required to confirm a new design sensor is fitted or a look into the "service" menu will reveal a new sensor by the code if the camera is physically present. A trustworthy dealer may, and only may these days, ask for a higher price but will stand by the product description they apply.

I have just purchased an M9 with a new sensor fitted in Dec 2017 the camera having 1200 activations on the shutter, they do exist.

My M9 was listed at $2900 if I recall correctly, or best offer. There was no mention of any sensor replacement in the description. I could see though that it was really clean and had low miles, as I mentioned. I figured I'd take a chance and offered $2300, which was accepted. My thinking now is that I got lucky on account of the holiday and sluggish eBay activity.