Incoming T, what are the must have accessories?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm super excited to have a Leica incoming! Currently this is what I have incoming:

Leica T silver

Summicron-T 23mm

EVF

Any must have accessories? (Already have SD cards).

I do love the look of the half leather case, but haven't decided on one, though I did find a pre-owned Arte di Mano for just under $300 and it looks amazing, just don't know if I "need" a case. I don't use a case with my iPhone X or any of my other cameras. 

What's everyone's favorite strap?

Any must have accessories? (Already have SD cards).

I do love the look of the half leather case, but haven't decided on one, though I did find a pre-owned Arte di Mano for just under $300 and it looks amazing, just don't know if I "need" a case. I don't use a case with my iPhone X or any of my other cameras. 

What's everyone's favorite strap?

I like the Artisan and Artist ACAM295 fabric wrist strap (or their similar ACAM102 neck straps –red black or brown http://www.artisan-n-artist.com/product_detail.php?id=14). One thing to look for is that the securing ring should be distanced by a perforated tag to prevent rubbing against the metalwork of the camera. Not always the case with other brands.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The T has some angular edges on the built-in grip. A case (or even the inconvenient T Snap) improves grip and handling tremendously.

Most cases don’t have a door for the battery or SD card however. That mainly becomes a pressing issue if you have to pull the battery if the camera freezes (which can happen on rare occasion, especially with manual lenses). Overall, I feel the improved grip is worth the inconvenience however.

I use the Leica Stone Grey case and strap on my silver T. Strap is soft leather and is flexible to wrap around your wrist. A&A silk strap is a beauty too.

While the T Snap feels great, you have to remove the lens and strap to get to the doors etc - so that’s definitely not for everyone (but it does look great on a silver T). It’s the sleekest and cheapest option, but think twice if you can live with the inconvenience. (It’s actually not that bad if you use the app to upload pics and avoid pulling the SD card while you’re out and about).

I often don’t use a strap, so believe it or not, I do use the T Snap occasionally.

Hope this is helpful. Good luck with your new T!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Guest

My essential accessories not mentioned thus far are as follows.

I have found that a Gariz Half Case makes a big difference in handling while not interfering too much with the form factor of the camera.

Strap lugs to be able to take 3rd party straps are key.  Match Technical also makes them, but it took me two sets to get ones that worked.  I have both a lighter Angelo Pelle braided strap that I use for more causal shooting and a Rock and Roll Snake Strap that I take with heavier lenses or more serious outings.

Lastly, this Manfrotto pocket tripod gets a lot of use and collapses down to nearly nothing.

• Like 1