A 15.000 $ M9

jaapv

Advertisement (gone after registration)

But does it have its sensor changed? :lol:

I guess it will make this price too. BTW. the seller is a thoroughly reliable Leica Store...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PERSONALLY-SIGNED-LEICA-M9-SYLVESTER-STALLONE-EDITION-USED-IN-EXPENDABLES-2/302566230067?hash=item46725a4833:g:AA8AAOSwP4FaM7mx

I'm just imaging the scene in the film... 

Stallone raises the M9 to his eye. Takes a series of surveillance photos. Whats this blinking red light?

Co-star... "it's an M9, the buffer is full, you'll have to wait a minute."

Stallone checks the images, "wow, all the noise on these files".

Co-star... "it's an M9, best sticking to ISO 160 really..."

Stallone: "OK, so I have it set to ISO 160, I'm taking single images at a time, what are these black dots all over the files?"

Co-star... "it's an M9, have you had the sensor swapped?"

FADE TO BLACK

12 WEEKS LATER

Stallone, "right, I have it set to ISO 160, I'm taking single images at a time, I've sent it off to Wetzler... now to capture some video". Co-star... "it's an M9..."  

• Like 8

A camera touched by a star... yes. A camera touched by a star in a classic piece of cinema? No.

By the same token, how much will all the new toilet seats used by Madonna for each of her concerts over the years fetch?

This sort of “legacy” stuff strikes me as a bit too random.

But Leica isn’t known for being scrupulous about sanctioning this sort of ‘special editions’ anyway.

Edited by Rus
  • Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It says the camera is signed but it's not, there's a signed card with the camera.

Some fool might buy it but the fact they've even had to advertise it means there's clearly not too much interest (I'm sure most dealers have a list of customers who they would contact when something 'special' comes in).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was once in the business of selling DVDs, the packs of photographs signed by movie stars are not that uncommon, they are often released as part of a "Special Edition" box set at vastly inflated prices, I believe I still have some Jean Claude Van Damme sets floating around somewhere.