Snow Porcupine

fotografr

Advertisement (gone after registration)

At least, that's what it looked like to me. I just had knee replacement surgery so I'll blame it on the drugs.

MM/35 Cron

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 10

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Great shot and hope the new knee works well. I had one done 5 years ago. Best thing I ever did...!

Thanks, Bill. Keep telling me that. I'm only two weeks in and it already is upsetting me that I can't XC ski out on the lake. I'm an exceedingly impatient patient. Once this one heals, I have to go for the other one.  :(

Thanks, Bill. Keep telling me that. I'm only two weeks in and it already is upsetting me that I can't XC ski out on the lake. I'm an exceedingly impatient patient. Once this one heals, I have to go for the other one.  :(

At two weeks in I was using a cane but I know they have made great strides in the recovery process since I had mine done. Of course everyone is different. I was in otherwise great shape before mine was done but it still took a couple of months before it was truly pain free and no longer had some stiffness. My real challenge was getting it to straighten out fully where you do not walk bent knee. My wife helped here by pressing on it with a rolled up towel under my ankle. She would press as hard as she could. It did not hurt but just needed some that extra push. Basically the knee will take its own time to heal inside. I was a runner for many years but had to give it up about 20 years ago after my first knee operation. Too much arthritis the doc said and it would be bone on bone at some point and he was right. I can now bike hike walk as far as I want. No complaints.

We sound much alike. I did my final run the day before my surgery and had been running, biking, hiking and staying active most of my adult life. I'm only two weeks post surgery so still have a lot of stiffness and pain. I cringed when I read about your wife pushing down on your leg that way. Thanks for your input.

Edited by fotografr

Sorry to hear you need the other one done. Not sure how doctors work today but I had for the first two weeks a nurse come by the house to change the dressing and someone to do some physical therapy. The therapy was a waste of effort. I also had to use this stupid machine that extended and bent the knee up to preset limits. That was agony at the time as I was supposed to do it for 6 to 8 hours a day. I got to the point where I could go to sleep while doing it. After two weeks, I was released to out patient physical therapy and they did a fantastic job. I still have some scar tissue under the patella but it just sounds bad and it not an  issue. My doc said "I can go in there and get rid of that"....I declined....!!! Let me know how things go.