M262 First Start up

ParaJ

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a new M262 and on the first start up, I did not see a language selection page, the camera just went right into the menu. Is this normal for a M262? 

I use to own a X system, on the first start up the language selection page would come out, what I am asking is for a M262, is it normal for the camera to go into shooting mode on the first start up, but not have any set up page?

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a new M262 and on the first start up, I did not see a language selection page, the camera just went right into the menu. Is this normal for a M262? 

I use to own a X system, on the first start up the language selection page would come out, what I am asking is for a M262, is it normal for the camera to go into shooting mode on the first start up, but not have any set up page?

Yes. That is normal.

In  the menu you will find an item : "Language settings"

Thanks, what I am asking is if it is normal/right for a m262 on the first start up to go right into shooting mode, and without any set up page

I am little worried that my m262 might be a pre owned camera because I am used to cameras that have a set up page on the first start up like the X cameras.

Thank you,

I have been getting different answers, which made me more confused. do you own a brand new leica M262 or M240?

I have started with new M-8, 9, 9P, 240 and 240P and all have been like that. Totally different setup from the Japanese brands.

What I suspect is whatever country the cameras are sent to is what basic language is set at the factory.

I have started with new M-8, 9, 9P, 240 and 240P and all have been like that. Totally different setup from the Japanese brands.

What I suspect is whatever country the cameras are sent to is what basic language is set at the factory.

I don't have an 262, but all other digital M cameras I owned worked the way you describe, as far as I recall. My M240 certainly did. Yes, this is normal.

All I see was few red flashes from the memory card led

Just to confirm, that a brand new M262 don't have a language or any other set up page on the first up.

All I see was few red flashes from the memory card led

Just to confirm, that a brand new M262 don't have a language or any other set up page on the first up.

No automatic setup screen comes up. Pretty much you have to set each item like time and date, language, etc. by going thru the menu items.