newnew

Deer & Mont Blanc

Thanks Bill, we do not actually live in there but go to this place frequently, spending several nights in winter and summer in the last 17 years; and the owners have become friends. We are lucky as It is only an hour drive from home.

Thanks Bill, we do not actually live in there but go to this place frequently, spending several nights in winter and summer in the last 17 years; and the owners have become friends. We are lucky as It is only an hour drive from home.

Ali,

I'd save that image and have Christmas, etc cards printed. Just to have taken the image must have been a nice feeling.

It was the photographer's luck. Our friends who have the B&B rooms are delighted and have already shared with many customers. We watched the next morning but it came again, too early probably as there were only traces.

You've just found your Christmas card for next year

I like the postprocessing - it conveys the atmosphere better than precise colour would.

Thank you Tom. Thank you Jaap. I guess I am set for next year. For PP I use C1. As it was early morning and somewhat foggy, too much blue was on the picture and the deer's colors were dull. I recalled its distinctive yellow back and tried to render this by shifting the colors to a more balanced point. The rest came together with some more clarity setting to render the animal's fur and mountain details.