Leica q dng files damaged

Street

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have been editing some images from a recent trip and discovered that my raw files seem weirdly damaged  but the Jpegs seem fine.

I have attached screen shots of the same image files both dng and jpeg. They are  from different SD cards which haven't been formatted since i downloaded them. I also copied them straight over from a relatively new card reader and not through any software

It has occurred on a lot of files but not all of them, or maybe its not as noticeable on some files.

The images are taken on different ISO's from 100 - 2000 and also in both low light and daylight, i haven't added the daylight examples as its not as noticeable so just adding the better examples.

I'm using photomechanic to view them and these are just a portion of the image

are these recoverable / ruined..?

does anyone know what has happened..?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, quesi said:

did you find the issue?

Well if he didn’t, he’s wasted two years of Q ownership😖
I can see the problem he had.  Strange colour casts on parts of the image.

btw. Does the RAW editing program he’s using correctly support Leica DNG images.

Edited by lucerne
Clarity

On 1/29/2018 at 9:25 PM, Street said:
I have been editing some images from a recent trip and discovered that my raw files seem weirdly damaged  but the Jpegs seem fine.

I have attached screen shots of the same image files both dng and jpeg. They are  from different SD cards which haven't been formatted since i downloaded them. I also copied them straight over from a relatively new card reader and not through any software

It has occurred on a lot of files but not all of them, or maybe its not as noticeable on some files.

The images are taken on different ISO's from 100 - 2000 and also in both low light and daylight, i haven't added the daylight examples as its not as noticeable so just adding the better examples.

I'm using photomechanic to view them and these are just a portion of the image

are these recoverable / ruined..?

does anyone know what has happened..?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Are you sure Photo Mechanic will successfully process the DNG’s? I use Adobe LR. 

• Haha 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

9 hours ago, jaapv said:

It appears to me that the raw conversion is all over the place. Try different postprocessing software.

The OP started this enquiry 2 years ago.

he hasn’t been back to the forum since January 2018.

Was it a wind up?   The image content is dubious.    surely it’s sorted by now.  I expect he’s switched to another post processing app, but unfortunately he hasn’t kept us informed.

Moderator.    can the thread be closed?

Edited by lucerne
Heads up

• jaapv locked this topic