Sold my m10

LeicaGuy2014

I'm not an eye doctor but I'm guessing there must be a bunch of different eye issues out there.  My ageing eyes have always needed glasses for distance and astigmatism, now for reading as well.  Yet I find the Leica rangefinder the easiest of all to focus (50/1.4, 90/2, 135/4 are my most difficult lenses), followed by any SLR.  EVF's of any variety I find the most difficult and irritating to focus manually, especially with peaking. 

• Like 1

Sad to hear. But unfortunately it's a fact that one needs a relatively good eyesight to use a rangefinder camera.

Within reason.  However, with the right diopter, focussing need not be a big issue.  With my aging eyes I use a +3.5 diopter (and have done for several years - which shows that some things aren't deteriorating too fast :)), and have no more problem focusing an M than most.  I'd also say that life with the M10 is the easiest I've ever had when it comes to focusing.  It's that much better than earlier models...

• Like 1

A tripod would have worked in using Live View to focus the Noctilux, far cheaper than taking the depreciation hit, or just wait until the urge to take pictures of 'creamy bokeh'  has worn itself out.

The day I lose the urge to take creamy bokeh pictures, I will sell my M10 too!

I'd also say that life with the M10 is the easiest I've ever had when it comes to focusing.  It's that much better than earlier models...

I don't notice any improvement in that respect over the M240.  People said the same thing about the M240 vs M9 and I didn't notice that either.  The only ones with issues for me were the ones between the M4 and MP (and revised M7), which at certain angles whited out the patch. 

The alternative to getting old is being dead. I know which I prefer. ;-)

Did the same thing three weeks ago for the same reason. Kept all the M lenses to use with the SL and soon to arrive CL. Aging has pros and cons. At least we are still here, enjoying our hobby/craft/passion!