Help - M10 continuous mode shoot 2 frames when pressed only once

HCBJK100

HCBJK100 - just tried mine on 'C' and it does the same. 2-shots every time.

When using my EOS 1DX's, they are always set to 6fps continuous and I shoot singles most of the time - always with the possiby of powering into a sequence when required. When set to 12fps the cameras are too quick and I end up with 2 frames even when I release quickly - hence setting them at 6fps, which is plenty fast enough for my needs. That said, in situations where the shutter speed is touch and go (e.g:15th with a 35 or 50) a 'double tap' will often produce a sharper image on the second shot.

I do understand that you probably want to work the same way with the M10 and get that the double shot every time is going to be annoying and more than you 'asked for' on most occasions. It should only shoot one if you pressed and released quickly.

Personally I feel that an M body feels more natural in a one shot mode (especially having come from years of film M's) - you can go 'almost' continuous by pressing the release again and again in single mode if required.

It comes back to the old argument of choosing your moment with one shot vs hope you get it at 5fps...

You can get a single shot in C mode but it requires a very brief shutter press.  Of course, taking an extra shot and keeping the one you like best (e.g., least camera or subject motion) can be helpful, if one is willing to invest the additional time needed to review the extra images.

• Like 1

Just had another play with the M10 in continuous mode - you do have to let go sooner than my experience with any other motordriven camera to only get one shot instead of the double-shot. Maybe practice will get it right, but it is definitely more tricky to avoid camera shake when you do it quickly and only get one shot. Not sure if this may be a firmware adjustable item - it feels like it needs a little more time before it accepts that you are asking for the second shot....

Anyway - that's my input, going back to single shot now, good luck HCBJK100 ;-)

My M10 is set to C pretty  much all the time.  Whenever I want to take a single image, the camera fires off 2 shots.  So I'm in the same situation as you.  However, I don't understand why this is a problem.  It's not like I'm going to run out of film.  Most of the time I'm transferring M10 images directly to my phone and even there it isn't a problem to select the good from the bad images.  As long as the camera captures the image I want, it doesn't bother me if it decides on its own to capture an additional image.  It's a total non issue for me.

My M10 is set to C pretty  much all the time.  Whenever I want to take a single image, the camera fires off 2 shots.  So I'm in the same situation as you.  However, I don't understand why this is a problem.  It's not like I'm going to run out of film.  Most of the time I'm transferring M10 images directly to my phone and even there it isn't a problem to select the good from the bad images.  As long as the camera captures the image I want, it doesn't bother me if it decides on its own to capture an additional image.  It's a total non issue for me.

What is your consideration for doing this? The shots will be practically the same.

I'm all in favour of exploring various possibilities in a scene, exposures from a different angle, take a step to the left or right, etc. But the bloat caused by exposing two frames that are almost exactly the same is only something that could come from not caring. It's a mindset, if you can't be bothered to change from continuous to single shot you'll find you can't be bothered to do a lot of other things to make your snaps better. And in a world where every slight niggle becomes an 'issue' be thankful Continuous mode is faster than your finger, it would be called the 'pointless mode' otherwise.

• Like 1