Scanning 120 film - Plustek Opticfilm 120?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks - Here’s a Plustek 120 scan (SWC w/ Delta 100)...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127789682@N04/24835191088/

Thanks Eoin. Nice shot. Somewhat haunting. Am I right in thinking its taken at infinity focus? When blown up, the mountains seem sharper than the gate. Just trying to ascertain whether there has been some dilution of focus through the scanning.

Concerning the MF5000:

Quality is OK, no banding etc., handling is lacking: Can only scan two frames of a 3-frame-strip at a time, then you have turn the strip by 180 degrees for the third picture to be scanned. The included software is quite basic but the scanner works very well with vuescan. I use a Epson V850 in parallel: When pixel-peeping, the resolution is visibly worse but 50x50 prints are good and the Epson is much more versatile, so to me it is the better option as long as you stay with medium format (with 24x36 the quality is not acceptable).

• Like 1

Am I right in thinking its taken at infinity focus? When blown up, the mountains seem sharper than the gate. Just trying to ascertain whether there has been some dilution of focus through the scanning.

I think you could suspect critical focus was missed on the gate given the foreground is OOF, but 'dilution of focus', how does that work then?