Leica S2 and Leica S 006 sensors cracked

TMKM

Actually I’m not a fan of bokeh bubbles or shapes; as much overdone as wide open, partially out of focus, subjects. Give me me interesting deep DOF shots any day, or gentle background blurring. Harder to fill the frame completely than to twist the aperture ring.

Run and duck for cover. :)

Jeff

• Like 1

Actually I’m not a fan of bokeh bubbles or shapes; as much overdone as wide open, partially out of focus, subjects. Give me me interesting deep DOF shots any day, or gentle background blurring. Harder to fill the frame completely than to twist the aperture ring.

Run and duck for cover. :)

Jeff

brave soul

hahahahahaha

... fix leather covering exchange leather covering ...

interesting to read this part. Seems to be a very common problem that the leather covering loosens. In my case (007) this happened already after half a year. Really turns me off to see this sloppy quality .. and even more knowing that this already happened with S2 and 006.

in fact the covering is removed for disassembly of the camera for repair and has to be replaced on reassembly. 

Pardon my ignorance. How the bokeh can be corrected by a firmware? Does It change the raw file somehow?

Valid question. The aperture blades of the Hasselblad XCD lenses don't open completely at maximum aperture, therefore the hexa-shape. With the firmware update you can choose wether you prefer it that way or complete opening of the blades (round).

This is why the firmware update only affects results at max aperture.

Edited by siddhaarta
  • Like 1