Leica S or Phase One

Ruz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

As I mentioned, In my experience with the Leica Cameras, they all performed above the written megapixels. That’s why I’m considering the S even its only 37MPx

The IQ of the GFX/X1D is better than the S007, even in its current form.

The S lenses have a look (one I love) but the files....?

Gordon

Obviously, you should keep a complete set of lenses in Hassy, Fuji, Phase, and Leica, as well as SK and Rodie tech cam, in case a slightly better sensor comes out for one of those systems.  :rolleyes:

If any customer demands more MP and you can't stitch, get an IQ3100 or an 8x10 LF. Otherwise, get what you like and ignore the noise. Of course, if you like using the IQ3100 and associated lenses, then you're all set.

My 2p,

Matt

Obviously, you should keep a complete set of lenses in Hassy, Fuji, Phase, and Leica, as well as SK and Rodie tech cam, in case a slightly better sensor comes out for one of those systems.  :rolleyes:

If any customer demands more MP and you can't stitch, get an IQ3100 or an 8x10 LF. Otherwise, get what you like and ignore the noise. Of course, if you like using the IQ3100 and associated lenses, then you're all set.

My 2p,

Matt

Anyway, is there any adapter that can make me fit S lenses on the P1?

Since you already have Leica cameras and familiar with the menu layouts and functions, the S System would be a good option. I switch between my SL and S Systems and like the familiar setups. I also have my custom settings as similar as possible between the 2 cameras. You can also use the S System lenses on the SL w/ adapter so there can be some reduction of redundancy with lenses. Example, I have the S 120mm CS lens and can use it on my SL when I need a macro.

I would like to see 50+ MP sensors for the S System and I think it's coming in the next generation ...... I hope. The optics can't be beat and do offer extra beyond the megapixels on the spec sheet. You can increase the file sizes nicely because the files are very clean and sharp.

My only big negative is the lack of perspective control at wide angle. A 30mm PC or TS lens would make the S System almost perfect.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks Everyone! Decided to get the IQ180 instead of the Leica S! I hate that I need to choose something other than Leica, but again it has a better sensor than the current S007.

anyway, who got the P1 IQ1 series? is the live view working fine? tried the demo in the showroom it doesn't work/really slow, was wondering if its just the demo set or it is a glitch from the system itself.

Yeah Live View dont really work, its green everywhere.

Im loving my Phase One with IQ180, but detail no one can fight leica. My 24MP SL takes a sharper detail compared to the IQ180 with blue rings.

The S can be used in studio and on the road. Just came back from the Antarctic and the S did not disappoint..

Could never have brought Phase One. One person had a Hassy X1D and it was a disaster....

Albert  :D  :D  :D

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by albertknappmd
  • Like 2

in the zodiac....

• Like 9

Antarctic fur seals....

• Like 5

The S can be used in studio and on the road. Jsut came back from the Antarctic and the S did not disappoint..

Could never have brought Phase One. One person had a Hassy X1D and it was a disaster....

Albert  :D  :D  :D

Im taking my H6D100c..............as I don't have a X1D

ice abstracts....

• Like 8