First day of three week trip. CL broken - not happy

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It is the first day of a three week trip to the Caribbean and New Orléans. Got my CL out and noticed that the lens release buttom has dropped out. I had hoped I could use a cocktail stick to release the lens but no luck. Just before lesving, i found a tiny aluminium button on the floor of my bedroom but could not find what it came off, not thinking to check my new CL, which has not been used out of the house. I put it away carefully in a plastic bag in the UK. I think an attaching screw at the back of the button has come undone and is jamming the lens release. I bought the 11-23 lens specially for the trip but will not now be able to use it.

I suspect like the M240 lug debacle, it will be a case of missing thread locking product. Not too impressed.

Wilson

• Like 2

I also have an M7 plus Summilux III 50 and Color Skopar 21 with me. Luckily I had the 18-56 lens mounted, so the most flexble alternative. I would just have liked to be able to use my newly bought 11-23. The camera seems to be working apart from the lens problem. No chance to get it fixed before I get back to the UK in February. I have reported the problem to CS in Wetzlar.

Wilson

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Worst time to be in New Orleans...big ice storm has shut down the city this week.

Are you still in New Orleans? I have a CL you can borrow.

Many thanks for very kind offer. Currently in very sunny and warm Barbados. We don’t getto New Orleans until the 31st, by which time hopefully it might be warmer. My intention is to manage with the 21mm CV lens on my M7 and the permanently fixed 18-56 on my CL. There should be a UPS Leica C-S return label waiting for my to send back the CL under Leica’s professional photographer service when I get back to the UK on the 9th.

Wilson

• Like 1

Many thanks for very kind offer. Currently in very sunny and warm Barbados. We don’t getto New Orleans until the 31st, by which time hopefully it might be warmer. My intention is to manage with the 21mm CV lens on my M7 and the permanently fixed 18-56 on my CL. There should be a UPS Leica C-S return label waiting for my to send back the CL under Leica’s professional photographer service when I get back to the UK on the 9th.

Wilson

Thats good news...we finally thawed out today, but the entire city was literally frozen solid and the highways shutdown all week. You should be in good shape on the 31st, the forecast is much nicer. While in New Orleans you must visit A Gallery for Fine Photography...my favorite shop in the French Quarter. 

Also Jacques-Imo’s Cafe is worth the wait (no reservations accepted)