Guess I like the M10

algrove

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I really do not see why people are complaining about battery life. If you use the camera how it’s meant to be, as rangefinder, the battery will last at least one day, probably longer. Or at least 600 shutter actions (back screen with sleeping time of two minutes).

Some who routinely use the EVF mainly due to using lenses wider than 28mm find battery life shorter than on the M240. I just carry additional batteries and change when and if necessary. This often becomes evident when shooting street images with 24, 21 or 18mm lenses.

Sure when not using the EVF the battery lasts most of the day depending on specific settings.

I never take that many pics in a day, and recharge daily, so it’s hard to say. Plus I don’t chimp much, use only RF, and set the camera to go off after a couple minutes. But I always pack an extra battery just in case, especially in cold weather. No big deal considering the extra film canisters I used to pack.

Jeff

The voice of reason.

I'm using the M10 since half a year and have the feeling they got it right. Battery life is OK for me*, one of the first things I bought was a spare battery nevertheless.

I like the concept to have das Wesentliche , the essential, available on uniquely shaped buttons and levers which can be felt without taking the camera down and which can't be mixed up or pressed by mistake. I almost never use the menu, so have to search for stuff, if I do. Fine for me.

Stefan

* I take surprisingly few pictures; there are much more photos I don't take compared to those I take, because I know they won't work.

• Like 3

Every artisan, craftsman, tradesman, photographer, et al must choose his/her tools to suit their task. Sometimes research may be necessary to define the suitability of the tool to one's intended use. The M10 performs superbly in this respect, if the user has done due diligence.

• Like 2

Heavy rain did not stop the M10

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 11

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

M10 NYC. "Black and White in Color"

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Some who routinely use the EVF mainly due to using lenses wider than 28mm find battery life shorter than on the M240. I just carry additional batteries and change when and if necessary. This often becomes evident when shooting street images with 24, 21 or 18mm lenses.

Sure when not using the EVF the battery lasts most of the day depending on specific settings.

Why not use optical finder accessory which will not drain extra juice?
  • Like 1

For me, I can shoot quicker and more accurately with the EVF than the optical finder. Heck, come to think of it, the optical finder probably costs about the same as the EVF and one extra battery. In addition the EVF adjusts to any lens used versus having to use an optical finder for each wide FL used.

Edited by algrove

• 1 month later...

Still liking my M10-it even converts to B&W for me. 35/1.4 ASPH

• Like 9

• 4 months later...

Ft. Benning support for Bush 41 on 4 Dec 2018

• Like 1

I have two M10s. I use the Auto ISO function and occasionally, IOS 10,000, which is the ISO I have set for the "M" setting on the IOS dial. So far, I have not experienced any issues with the IOS dial.

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 4/1/2018 at 10:13 AM, Herr Barnack said:

My only concern with the M10 is battery life.  I have read that when fully charged,  the battery will last 200-300 exposures; that seems awfully low. 

Can any current M10 users comment on this?

Although I take a second battery with me, I have never had to use it on all day long outings.

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.