1. Herr Barnack

Herr Barnack

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Irvin
      Hello Friends, 
      I recently noticed that my M4 has a slight delay while I am focusing from infinity to 0.8. The patch would not align, it's quick but i can tell there like a millisecond lag. I found out that the rangefinder roller is a little stiff when a push it back. Is this something i can fix myself or do i need an expert to CLA my camera? I bought it 6 months ago.  No idea when it was last CLA'd but it is in excellent condition. 
      Thank you in advanced!!! 
    • By Keops
      Hi there. Today while taking photos with my MP I realized some kind of liquid had dropped on the back of my camera. It had been dried before I noticed it. As a reflex I immediately clean the thing but the same stuff had also snuck on to the light seal cloth that covers the parameters of the back door. How can I clean the residue on the light seal? Or should I bother? I am afraid of the possibility of the strange liquid damaging the light seal.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By JackCrofts
      Hi all,
      I am still quite new to repairing cameras and lenses but so far I have a pretty good track record for fixing them. I have mainly repaired Canon rangefinders and some Canon SLRs. I recently picked up a R4 which has the problem of a possible jammed shutter. Basically the shutter does not fire when the shutter button is depressed. I have checked both magnets under the battery compartment and could not see any dirt that was causing a weak connection. I have also compared the cams and gears to a Minolta XD11/7 as I have read on this forum that they have the same internals. I have only worked with cloth shutters in SLRs and not the later bladed shutter curtains.
      To me this looks like it might be jammed but I am not 100% sure as an image of the shutter in the Minolta service manual looks similar, unfortunately this detail in the scanned document is to contrasty to tell. 
      I am also wondering if there is a way to trip the shutter without using the shutter button? 
      If you could help me out I would be very grateful!

Many Thanks,

Jack

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By framecontrol
      So I was ripping around in an off-road vehicle in Sedona and taking some beautiful landscape photos with my Q2. All of that off-roading caused the Q2 to get covered in some fine dust and sand and while the camera worked fine, you could feel the dust inside the aperture ring and dial—it was just a little grindy and you could tell it needed to be cleaned, but otherwise it was perfect.
      The camera got shipped off to Leica in New Jersey and 2 weeks later they came back with a repair starting point of $2,600! Apparently, they didn't open up the camera or anything and just do a general look at things and an assumption prior to the true estimate. My shop told me they wrote very basic notes - "Damages by sand - Need to adjust auto focus, replace parts, check, adjust, clean" - it seemed very templated. They did not say what parts needed to be replaced (according to my shop.) They did say shipping was included.
      Just wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions. Maybe the actual repair will cost less? Should I push back on them? Do I have other options outside of Leica?
      Thank you!
    • By baoluo.ma233
      Good evening, I’m a relatively new SL2 user switched from M platform, always struggle with the size of SL’s wide angle solution. Just saw one xpan lens 30mm 5.6, a very nice reputation landscape option. There’s one adapter made by Kipon, exclusive for xpan to L mount, anyone tried before?