Is this an error with the M10?

BjarniM

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've discovered this colour error in every 10th picture or so with my new Leica M10. Does anyone here know why this error occours?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by BjarniM

The most common cause of scrambled pictures is a faulty SD card, or faulty formatting of the card.

It is, however, a remote possibility that the sensor in the camera is failing.

Odds, plus the fact it is intermittent - makes the SD card the much more likely culprit, so as richardpilow says, try reformatting the card in the camera. Which card specification (Gigabytes, manufacturer, model name, rated speeds) are you using?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

(...)

Odds, plus the fact it is intermittent - makes the SD card the much more likely culprit, so as richardpilow says, try reformatting the card in the camera. Which card specification (Gigabytes, manufacturer, model name, rated speeds) are you using?

I always format my SD-cards in the camera where it's being used.

In this particular case i used a Samsung MB-SC32D.

Probably a problem with the memory card. The card is not necessarily defective; it might work just fine in other digital cameras. Maybe it's just some sort of incompatibility between Leica and that particular card. Try another card from some other brand.

clean the contacts on the card.

I never touch any contacts - neither on SD-cards or cameras.

Nice image. Too bad it isnt intentional.  Looks like an SD card issue.  Has this happened again?

This happens to one in every then pictures or so. Pretty consistent and returning.

Did you try with a second card? We all know that not all cards work in the M10. My cards I just bought from the Leica dealer and they work fine. I hope for you that it is just an incompatibility of card and camera.

No, i haven't tried with another SD-card yet since the specific card used to work well in my M246. I will give it a go with another card.

I've discovered this colour error in every 10th picture or so with my new Leica M10. Does anyone here know why this error occours?

Every 10th picture... more likely to be the new camera . Is it showing like this on the camera lcd or only on your computer via Lightroom or another software?

• 1 month later...