LHSA 50th Anniversary Special Edition APO Summicron-M 50 f/2 ASPH [merged]

dugby

The lens was declared as sold out from some dealers short after release. It looks like some have withhold them from the market to add another margin later.

The biggest dealer in Germany is offering the lens now for 9995EUR. This is an additional 895EUR over the former price...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Steve Ash
  • Like 1

The lens was declared as sold out from some dealers short after release. It looks like some have withhold them from the market to add another margin later.

Interesting thought. At least one large UK dealer said it was sold out and no longer available to order, so perhaps all stocks are with dealers.

The biggest dealer in Germany is offering the lens now for 9995EUR. This is an additional 895EUR over the former price...

Since it is dedicated by american historical group may be the bulk of them shipped to US?

Can you point me the dealer who sells it at premium, please?

Hello,

Should anyone, like me, have been wondering what impact the construction and material differences between the black anodized and the black painted LHSA versions of the APO-Summicron 50 have, here is the answer:

- the black painted LHSA version without hood weighs 95 grams more than the standard black anodized version

- the black painted LHSA version with hood weighs 140 grams more than the standard black anodized version.

Despite the extra weight, the LHSA version feels comfortable and nice to handle. The aperture ring has more inertia and gives a more positive feed back than on the standard version, and the clicks are less noisy. Only small drawback, ones fingers slide along the hood when turning the aperture ring, as the distance between them is small. The focusing ring also has more inertia and is a pleasure to use , even if on the heavier side.

I find also the LHSA version to be an amazingly beautiful object.

Cheers

• Like 1

Hello,

Should anyone, like me, have been wondering what impact the construction and material differences between the black anodized and the black painted LHSA versions of the APO-Summicron 50 have, here is the answer:

- the black painted LHSA version without hood weighs 95 grams more than the standard black anodized version

- the black painted LHSA version with hood weighs 140 grams more than the standard black anodized version.

Despite the extra weight, the LHSA version feels comfortable and nice to handle. The aperture ring has more inertia and gives a more positive feed back than on the standard version, and the clicks are less noisy. Only small drawback, ones fingers slide along the hood when turning the aperture ring, as the distance between them is small. The focusing ring also has more inertia and is a pleasure to use , even if on the heavier side.

I find also the LHSA version to be an amazingly beautiful object.

Cheers

LHSA body is made of copper. Not sure what metal is used for standard version.

LHSA body is made of copper. Not sure what metal is used for standard version.

Most of the lens is exactly the same but the outer barrel of the LHSA is made from brass (not copper). The outer barrel of the standard version is anodised aluminium.

• Like 1

So if I visit EU I can get it for $9,133 as US resident, no VAT? Sorry if that sounds silly to many members... :)))

Yes. Whether you get taxed on the way into the US I have no idea. IS there import on goods in the US? I know you have state sales tax etc. I recently bought something from them and the 19% came off automatically in the cart as long as you export out of the EU. Edited by howiebrou

If it’s the same as AU you’ll need to bring the lens in yourself (in carry-on of course) to avoid tax. That means a flight to Germany to pick it up. But it may be cheaper than paying tax, or at least mostly pays for for a trip to Europe and a short stay for such an expensive item.

Also, you may have to claim the refund at the airport flying back.

From LHSA. A pirate dog.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by skater75

I got too used to the tabs and without them, it doesn't feel natural to focus for me. The LHSA model is also more slippery and harder to mount as one needs to take more care in doing this task due to the very thin amount of non-moving (twisting) metal body to hold onto. Other than being larger by a fair margin due to the hood, they do look gorgeous!

Edited by Flu

I got too used to the tabs and without them, it doesn't feel natural to focus for me. The LHSA model is also more slippery and harder to mount as one needs to take more care in doing this task due to the very thin amount of non-moving (twisting) metal body to hold onto. Other than being larger by a fair margin due to the hood, they do look gorgeous!

You can always buy rubber tabs, $10,