With the advent of the CL, is the T line destined to extinction?

ropo54

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am confident that the designers could come up with a beautiful design incorporating an EVF. They worked it out on the CL, they can figure it out for the TL.

The T line cannot be used in sunlight without the EVF so IMO it is an absolute necessity.

I agree the EVF APS-C camera could have been a TL2 plus. I really dig the design of the TL2. It is very elegant, minimal and differentiating. Maybe Leica felt one or two more buttons would have been required to change settings while looking through the EVF and this would have invalidated the elegance of the TL body itself. The additional viewfinder itself is, however, a much greater insult so to say, and it seems a lot of people still find it a necessity in bright sun light (no issue in Zurich at the moment ...).

Both TL and CL menu systems work for me, by the way. My DNA can handle these differences, I am sure. The pop out battery is a cool feature, but I do not understand the contributions saying the battery door on the CL is flimsy. It is good enough and it is a battery door, not something I operate while taking pictures.

• Like 2

It seems that with the performance differences between the TL2 and CL that Leica's development plans were internally incongruous, for if they were destined to compete would they not need to have had similar AF speed? And, they essentially arrived in the marketplace arround the same time

Its like they are 2 totally different cameras from 2 totally different manufacturers!