Netherlands meeting June 30th: Nijmegen.

Paulus

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The program uptill now will be, things can change: 

10;30 Meeting near the station. I Have reserved for 20 persons in Cafe van Buren:   

Café van Buren Molenstraat 89 6511 HB Nijmegen

We have “windowseats” there or we go on the terras if the weather allows.

11:30 We might peak in the “Vereniging “ the concert building nearby (still negotiating)  where there is a reconstruction at the time. The concert building is renowned with musicians for its great acoustics resembling the famous Concertgebouw in Amsterdam, but smaller.

https://www.stadsschouwburgendevereeniging.nl/zakelijk/Concertzaal/

Walk into the town to the Market where there will be a Market. Maybe visit the Church.

14:00 Lunch at “Stoom”: Waalbandijk 14D 6541 AJ Nijmegen a simple pulled pork or cheese bread with something to drink. It’s a hipster place so we might meet interesting models.  I reserved for 20 persons.

https://www.stoomnijmegen.com

15:00/15:30: Visiting the Valkhof + Museum in the afternoon for an hour or so depending on the weather: https://nl.wikipedia...eum_Het_Valkhof

https://www.museumhetvalkhof.nl

16:30/17:00 Walking over the bridge (don't complain about the distance, in WWII the allied forces had to row across..) 

Having some drinks on the Island. " Veur Lent ". at Cafe Waalzicht:

This Island is recently made. They dug away a huge pile of sand, making an extra river/lake  to give more room for the river and its rising water. I’m bringing an old map to show what has changed.

https://www.cafewaalzicht.nl

Walking a 500m further to Railway station "Nijmegen Lent" on the Bridge and driving back to the station Nijmegen Heyendaal by train. Leaving every 15 minutes. 17/18:09 -:25 -:39 -:55

19:15/30 Dinner at: reserved for 20 persons at the moment.

“De Kazerne” in the evening. It's in the city only 2 kilometers from the Central station, or 1,3 kilometer of Station Heyendaal:  Molenveldlaan 146 6523 RN Nijmegen

http://www.indekazerne.nl/contact/

Edited by Paulus
  • Like 3

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Until now we have the following persons. Please copy the list and put yourself at the bottom so that we’ll have a good overview.:  

1. Paulus
  2. Christoph
  3. Pperff
  4. Digital HeMan
  5. Jaapv
  6. Farnz
  7. Sandro
  8. Michiel_fokkema
  9. Stephan54 ?
  10. Sts ?

Until now we have the following persons. Please copy the list and put yourself at the bottom so that we’ll have a good overview.:  

1. Paulus
  2. Christoph
  3. Veronique
  4. Pperff
  5. Digital HeMan
  6. Jaapv
  7. Farnz
  8. Sandro
  9. Michiel_fokkema
  10. Stephan54 ?
  11. Sts ?
  12. Lex (not sure yet though)
  13. Sandokan
Edited by Paulus

1. Paulus
  2. Christoph
  3. Veronique
  4. Pperff
  5. Digital HeMan
  6. Jaapv
  7. Farnz
  8. Sandro
  9. Michiel_fokkema
  10. Stephan54 ?
  11. Sts ?
  13. Sandokan

1. Paulus
  2. Christoph
  3. Veronique
  4. Pperff
  5. Digital HeMan
  6. Jaapv
  7. Farnz
  8. Sandro
  9. Michiel_fokkema
  10. Stephan54 ?
  11. Sts ?
  13. Sandokan
  14. Bataleur

I would like to be there provided my health permits. 30 June is fine with me. I may not be able to cope with the walking but I am sure that I could drive instead. Hopefully I could also visit a friend in Brussels.

Gerry

I would like to be there provided my health permits. 30 June is fine with me. I may not be able to cope with the walking but I am sure that I could drive instead. Hopefully I could also visit a friend in Brussels.

Gerry

Gerry, if you are not able to walk, I could organise a bike if that would help. Driving from one place to another would be possible all locations are within parking spaces I think. 

1. Paulus
  2. Christoph
  3. Veronique
  4. Pperff
  5. Digital HeMan
  6. Jaapv
  7. Farnz
  8. Sandro
  9. Michiel_fokkema
  10. Stephan54 ?
  11. Sts ?
  13. Sandokan
  14. Bataleur
  15. GWPICS Gerry.

Gerry, if you are not able to walk, I could organise a bike if that would help. Driving from one place to another would be possible all locations are within parking spaces I think. 

Paulus

Thank you, but it would have to be driving I am afraid. At the moment I am banned from driving because of health issues (major heart problem) but I have re-applied for my licence to drive and if I get that back (which is very likely) then I will have no major problems. I have a Blue Badge so parking would be OK.

Gerry

• Like 1

Paulus

Thank you, but it would have to be driving I am afraid. At the moment I am banned from driving because of health issues (major heart problem) but I have re-applied for my licence to drive and if I get that back (which is very likely) then I will have no major problems. I have a Blue Badge so parking would be OK.

Gerry

And I am a certified reanimation first aid...just in case...:-) 

1. Paulus
  2. Christoph
  3. Veronique
  4. Pperff
  5. Digital HeMan
  6. Jaapv
  7. Farnz
  8. Sandro
  9. Michiel_fokkema
  10. Stephan54 ?
  11. Sts ?
  13. Sandokan
  14. Bataleur
  15. GWPICS Gerry.
  16. elmars (Elmar)

I would like to come (although my English is bad), but I don´t know it for sure by now, because I travel to Milan an Tirol on Sunday.