Sign in to follow this  
MEB

Nepali bride

One of my responsibilities is to perform civil weddings.  Since I am located in a large college town it sometimes feels as if I am doing work in the United Nations.  Last week I performed a wedding for a couple from Nepal.  The bride was so beautiful and her gown was so fantastic that I asked permission to photograph them and then her separately.  Here she is:

Thanks,

Mark B

Stu and Mike thank you for the kind comments.

Mark

It's easy to see why you wanted to photograph her. Both she and the gown are lovely and her groom is a lucky guy.

It's easy to see why you wanted to photograph her. Both she and the gown are lovely and her groom is a lucky guy.

So in other words 'ooh a pretty woman, let's take a picture of her without her new husband and then post it on a photography forum'.

I mean I don't have a problem with that given she's obvously quite happy to be photographed; I don't think it's indicative of this so called tyrannical patriarchy but at the same time it's realy not helping dispell the acusation of that is it.  I mean really, you're just putting a loaded gun into the hands of the third wave, intersectional feminists (and god aren't they are a hateful lot).

Don't people aspire to more than taking snap shots of women because they're attractive or pretty or is there some important social commentary or psychological insight that I've missed here?