Anyone know if Leica will still perform the shutter upgrade to the quieter M8.2?  I know they still repair faulty shutters for M8 and M8.2 but not sure if they would update the M8 with the M8.2 shutter. Anyone officially know and what the service cost would be? TIA

I suppose I could trade to the M8.2 but I know the history of my own M8 body and hesitate moving to a body with unknown history 

Edited by jonskiv

The "update concept" for the M8 is nine years old (2008) and was sold for EUR 1200 then. It included a monitor upgrade which cannot be performed any more due to the lack of spare parts and separate updates were not available for the shutter alone then. Leia said the process was very expensive due to the camera having to be totally dismantled, reassembled, and adjusted for each upgrade. See attachment. You will have no choice but trading your M8 for an M8.2 i suspect but i may be wrong. 

LeicaM8_Upgrade_Concept.pdf

I would think it's no different from a shutter replacement for the M8.2... The three "upgrades" were available independently. I got the shutter and frameline mask upgrades and skipped the sapphire LCD screen.

I called Tamarkin who will call on Monday to let me know.  He said he doubted it....can't hurt trying 

What did Tamarkin come back with?

Ernst