Exposure function question

Deliberate1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Can someone explain to me what the "time preselect" option means. I get A, P, M, but not the setting identified as T, in which the aperture opening is frozen at 2.5 even as the shutter speed changes with rotation of the wheel. Am I correct that there is no conventional shutter priority setting. Seems odd that there would not be.

Much obliged.

David

Gents, thanks for the replies. Photo42, I tried what I think your sequence was and I still do not get to what looks like a shutter priority function. Again, when I get to the T function and then turn the wheel only the shutter speed changes, but the aperture designation remains fixed 2.5. If this was a traditional shutter priority, the aperture should change in a corresponding way. Remains a mystery to me in a camera that I find so intuitive. And what of the P vs P with the small s beneath it? S 006, by the way.

Much obliged

David

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Did you try this in the dark?

Bingo.

No, not in the dark, but apparently in circumstances that were sufficiently dark that the camera would not change the aperture from f2.5 (70mm) until I dialed down to a very slow shutter speed. Once I did that the aperture opened up. All is well.

Thanks, mate.

D

• Like 2